Issues with retrofitted MMI 3G+

I think the Autologic and other third party systems can only handle CP v1.0. 2.0 can only be done by VAS/ODIS unless you have the donor car next to you in which case there is 1 piece of software which can take a dump on the original car and transfer it in to the module but obviously not an option for you in this case. Which dealers have you tried? They can definitely do it bit they need to do it manually rather than via SVM. I would suggest speaking to the Master Tech at the dealer directly rather than the service advisor who just wants to make £££ for the dealer.

In terms of adding visuals to the PDC I think it's possibly a none starter. In pre-FL cars, the PDC module handled everything whereas it all connects to Module 46 for 3G+ instead.

You don't need a new Climate module for the MMI3G+ retrofit, you need to alter byte 2 and enable bit 4, NOT in byte 1 as instructed on the previous post. I done the same retrofit and had the same issue of the climate controls not showing up on the MMI and managed to work this out by looking at my friends car who had MMI3G+.

Hey KayTwo,

I'd be interested in getting this retrofit done, I'm coming from a Symphony (with amp in boot but without B&O) on my 2010 A4, do you mind passing on details for the guys that did it for you?

If it really was that much cheaper then might be worth a trip to Poland! (Hazzydayz qoute a price of £2,995!!!)

Thanks,
Abz

Hey KayTwo,

I'd be interested in getting this retrofit done, I'm coming from a Symphony (with amp in boot but without B&O) on my 2010 A4, do you mind passing on details for the guys that did it for you?

If it really was that much cheaper then might be worth a trip to Poland! (Hazzydayz qoute a price of £2,995!!!)

Thanks,
Abz
@amafzal88, why not try contacting our own forum magician, @NHN for a quote?

Well if @NHN can be anywhere near that price I would happily take on their offer.

@NHN, please do let me know what you think?

I'm actually working on my own web page to cover a complete DIY retrofit, should hopefully have something drafted up by next week.

Sorry for late reply, I did my 3G+ at http://eurocaraudio.pl - you might want to use Google translate:) the only issue I had with those guys was that they did not have display surround and head unit for LHD car so I had to buy the surround (47 quid from midlandsvw) and I am still looking for the fascia for mmi unit - it fits fine but it bothers me :)

You don't need a new Climate module for the MMI3G+ retrofit, you need to alter byte 2 and enable bit 4, NOT in byte 1 as instructed on the previous post. I done the same retrofit and had the same issue of the climate controls not showing up on the MMI and managed to work this out by looking at my friends car who had MMI3G+.
After a long break, I plugged my vagcom to the car but I still get no climate overlays on the display.

After a long break, I plugged my vagcom to the car but I still get no climate overlays on the display.
Hi, I know that it has been a long time, but did you menage to fix the PDC visualisation on the MMI?