Issue with parking sensor after new bumper fitted

lukus89

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I’ve recently had the RS6 front put on my A6.
Looks great but I’ve now got an intermittent false alarm with a parking sensor.
Some days it can be fine and others one of the sensors on the front left will scream as if something is right in front of it.
I’ve checked nothing is blocking it, and it’s fitted correctly.

The whole wiring loom was moved in one from old bumper to new.

Any ideas how to fix?
Thanks for the help

Here’s a pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 347
Do ya mean just the front of it?
I’ve wiped it down loads.

Yes :)

If you’ve cleaned it loads then it could be fault and one of those unfortunate coincidences when having the new front end fitted :(

Get it on VDCS or equivalent and see if it’s throwing up a fault code

Will do. I’ll try get it scanned. Cheers for the help.

Ok, just to update. Today there’s no issues so far, I haven’t had chance to scan the car yet but I’m wondering, what would make the fault inconsistent?

Course not ! Haha

Mine is exactly the same i have tried new sensors too tends to be the two inner ones too

Just one inner one for me. Not sure why though?

Cleaned it thoroughly.
Wondering if some kind of software reset is best but I’m grasping?

It' the same one I get a false reading with occasionally. Normally water in my case.

Make sure it' got the rubber seal on the sensor it may effect the reading

It' the same one I get a false reading with occasionally. Normally water in my case.

Make sure it' got the rubber seal on the sensor it may effect the reading
Not sure what ya mean? Rubber seal I haven’t seen?

Scanned with VCDS, no faults,
All week it’s not had a problem then today got loads of false alarms. It’s very very inconsistent.

Any ideas ?

Mine seems to coincide with rain; as if the sensor sits about 1/10mm to far in, water collects and sets it 0ff
That’s not a bad shout. Wonder how I can fix that... some kind of glue under the sensor? Something to stop the rain gathering

Ok so swapped sensor for a new one, no difference.
I’m now thinking weather it’s best to pay Audi to sort it but also thinking I haven’t really explored the issue with rain... I can’t fit the skirt around the sensor without removing the whole thing again which I don’t wanna do.
Any suggestions how I close the 1mm gap ?

Maybe a wipe of light grease around the edge of the sensor but that may also make it worst. I know body shops say they have to be careful spraying sensors. If the paint is too thick they have seen issues.