Issue with number plate LEDs

razza1

Reaction score
Website
www.maidenhead-systema.co.uk
Had some no. plate LED units off HIDS4YOU and they've been working fine for ages (about a year) without any errors. All of a sudden they've both stopped working at the same time and given the dash light error...

I haven't had a chance to try my old normal units back in, is there a fuse for the rear number plate bulbs? They are in tight and not loose...

Very odd behaviour...

Any thoughts?

are your fog lights still working ?

i had problems with the resistors in mine, in the end i just opted back for the normal type bulbs.

Was fine , had one that was on and off and think connectors had lost contact, replaced that one with a new one, worked fine, then suddenly both not working. Makes me think its a wiring problem as last time when one unit stopped the other one still worked.. .

Over the last year, I purchased 2 sets of LED number plate lights from two sellers from eBay, the first set I got were faulty and threw fault codes as soon as I fitted, and the second set was okay although after washing the car a few LED's stopped working!

The 2nd set I got from a different eBay seller now works perfectly! I guess it's just hit and miss with these units.

Also, both sets from the 2 sellers arrived in the same packaging so really, 1 out of 3 worked properly.

Khanage, I'll get some pictures taken tomorrow night after work and I'll post them on here.

Here are a few pictures of the lights themselves on the car at night..

Light+On+1.JPG

Light+On+2.JPG