[Issue] Auto S/S fault and misfire on Cylinder 2-3

sgian

Reaction score
Hello from Greece, guys,

Strange things have happened 6-7 times in a month:
At an unsuspecting time, when the car is idling (stopped at a traffic light, parked, etc.) the check engine flashes 3-5 times, displays Auto Start / Stop System Fault and remains inactive while the check engine turns off. If I turn off the engine and restart it after 30 seconds, everything is solved.
Scanning with VCDS, it displays exactly the moments (time and day) when the issue appeared with Auto S / S and check engine light, misfire on cylinder 2 and 3 and nothing else.
I changed the spark plugs with new ones and swapped the 2-3 coils with the 1-4 and absolutely nothing changed.
The car does not stall, I do not feel interruption, vibration, jolt and has not shown it (for now) on the move ever. I cannot tell it misfires, if I do not log with VCDS.
I went to Audi and they logged me in, they only saw the misfire and told me maybe its the petrol(which is not), they didn't deal with the other issues.
Has it happened to anyone? Do you have any idea what might happen?
Audi A3 1.4 TFSI 122HP - 2013 - 89.000k

Thanks in advance,

Spyros

It is not a diesel engine. Am I missing something here?
Oh sorry..try this

I have read the above. There are some key differences in my case, as I do not feel the misfire, no loss of power. That's why I created a new thread.
I will ask the Service Provider to check the valves, but any other ideas/advices are appreciated.

S.

Reactions: Audi-Sport-Driver