ISO Adapter Question

Nick Levitt

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’ve recently bought myself 2004 a3 and have a Sony XAV-AX1000 from my old car.

I bought this kit:

My car has The full Bose system and came with the symphony 2. It does not have a quad lock or 3 separate connectors to fully connect to the harness in this kit
The system powers on fine, however no sound comes through, my guess is the middle row connector, which I don’t have carries all the audio, but where do I get that connector???
dcaaea9a27455564eae01cfa8403395c.jpg

e39b4478f57ce0e4083fb64874815a7a.jpg

I bought this car only a few weeks ago and am very new here, so feel free to be harsh

Can i ask do you think the sony xav ax 1000 is a decent unit for your car, ive been looking into it and some people say its a bit tacky etc like they suggested to get a kenwood system instead, but for the price of ghe sony is it decent enough for a replacement of the standard head unit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can i ask do you think the sony xav ax 1000 is a decent unit for your car, ive been looking into it and some people say its a bit tacky etc like they suggested to get a kenwood system instead, but for the price of ghe sony is it decent enough for a replacement of the standard head unit

I’ve been using it in my Corsa for the last 2 years Ish, I think it’s pretty good tbh, I’ve only used it with apple CarPlay but also had a sub wired into and it offers a lot of control for me, I’m sure there are better systems, but I can’t fault the Sony

Reactions: gkirk01
I take it that its decent enough for you not wanting to change to a better unit due to you using it from your corsa? Also did uiu have to buy any extras for the unit to work in your audi?

I take it that its decent enough for you not wanting to change to a better unit due to you using it from your corsa? Also did uiu have to buy any extras for the unit to work in your audi?

That’s what I’m trying to get working mate, made a huge difference in the corsa but my new Audi has the full Bose system, if it’s crap I’ll lyk but at the minute it’s giving me a headache

I got told when looking into the sony from dynamic sounds that a fitting kit would be needed, then they asked if i have the bose system or not, which i dont, so i take it there is something else need from them, go on their website and find the headunit, theres a section to ask questions about the product and they email you back fairly quick

I got told when looking into the sony from dynamic sounds that a fitting kit would be needed, then they asked if i have the bose system or not, which i dont, so i take it there is something else need from them, go on their website and find the headunit, theres a section to ask questions about the product and they email you back fairly quick

I bought the CTKAU01 which I was told by Halfords is everything I need :((

The bigger connector has all the speaker lines to feed the amp, I suspect you havnt connected the amp on signal wire or it needs moving, as the old unit has a sticker.on & new one should or at least a manual, match these 2 positions

Reactions: abmat
I bought the CTKAU01 which I was told by Halfords is everything I need :((

Halfords told me i need a fascia, wiring harness and something for the steering controls

The bigger connector has all the speaker lines to feed the amp, I suspect you havnt connected the amp on signal wire or it needs moving, as the old unit has a sticker.on & new one should or at least a manual, match these 2 positions

I’m sure there is a forum in this, but could you perhaps point me in the right direction on how to wire in the amp / signal wires?

Halfords told me i need a fascia, wiring harness and something for the steering controls

That’s what they told me too, my car doesn’t have any steering wheel Controls tho I might add a MFSW at some point in the future, but at the minute I can do without.
Halfords told me this kit would work even without the controls being there

No. You need to wire in a switch live for the amp. It isn’t just plug and play.

Halfords are full of ****.

No. You need to wire in a switch live for the amp. It isn’t just plug and play.

Halfords are full of ****.

Could you perhaps point me in the direction of a thread on how to do that?

If memory serves the amp switch is blue/white, on the adaptor should have a tag marked amp on it. Run a wire from that to the fuse box to pick up an ignition live. It’s been a while and I can’t remember where I picked mine up from.
@NHN may be able to help.

If memory serves the amp switch is blue/white, on the adaptor should have a tag marked amp on it. Run a wire from that to the fuse box to pick up an ignition live. It’s been a while and I can’t remember where I picked mine up from.
@NHN may be able to help.

Thanks, I’ll try it when I get some time off work, but the HU turns on with the ignition and off with the key out. I was under the impression the remote wire was working. Does the amp need a dedicated remote wire?

The hu will switch on with the ignition. It needs the remote connecting to switch on the amp.

Reactions: Nick Levitt