1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IS20 Upgrade turbo charger from 231HP to 440HP

S3Racing Apr 24, 2018

1. S3Racing

S3Racing New Member

Looking for an original IS20 upgrade charger providing as twice as much HP than original because the DSG, Haldex and engine can cope with about 450HP easily. Some upgrade companies provide good big IS38 chargers (TTE, TTH, PnP, Loba, etc.). I am interested in an IS20 originally looking charger. What about this PnP LM440 (IS20) put into a bigger SEAT. Worth the money?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. lfcrule1972

lfcrule1972 Winter is coming... Team Mythos TFSI Owners Group Audi S1 quattro

I think some might argue about the S1 engine easily coping with 450bhp ;)

Also the S1's don't have DSG so that at least is one less worry :)

4. Bluepower

Bluepower Active Member

Maybe you should contact Littco, he supplies upgrade IS20 and IS38 turbos

5. AGee

AGee Member

I thought a hybrid turbo would be required at 450bhp?

Going by Littco's facebook posts he is going to stop selling the hybrid IS20s, he has one last one for sale now.

6. S3Racing

S3Racing New Member

Yes, Littco's hybrid turbos were a very good idea but they broke apart because it still had the poor original IHI bearing and cartridge. Making a hybrid turbo stable means to fully remove ALL IHI internals of the turbo (cartridge, Bearing, mounting, wheels, axis, BOTH wheels, etc. ) and integrate a different basic unit. I will make a test drive with the PnP LM440 - it seems to have all internals replaced so it is race-proof. We will see.
    https://kolbenkraft-tuning.com/prod...290-300-mk3-is38-2-0-tsi-ea888-gen-3-upgrade/

7. AGee

AGee Member

Who's doing the ECU remap?

8. S3Racing

S3Racing New Member

This remap got done by www.TIJ-Power.com (it is actally MTR Performance) - this is said in the video. But they say that all tuners can do the remap of the PnP LM... turbo chargers.

9. OCDetails

OCDetails Site Sponsor Site Sponsor TFSI Owners Group Team Sepang Audi S1 Manual

Ive head the IS20 upgrades are not very reliable, you would be better off with just bolting in an IS38 Hybrid. Im planning stage 3 atm i just need to get the turbo and a map over the stage 2 revo

10. S3Racing

S3Racing New Member

There are some G7GTI, Cupras and Audi S1 driving around with the PnP LM chargers.

11. S3Racing

S3Racing New Member

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. AGee

AGee Member

S3Racing - sounds like you're about to upgrade? I'm Eager to see some results once it's done!

14. S3Racing

S3Racing New Member

Yes, there is a video about the PnP LM440 IS20 version and LM440 IS38 version for Audi S1/S3/Golf MK7. Each charger has got its advantages: