Votes: 29 32.2%
  • No, I'll be trying another make.

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • I'm not sure yet..

Votes: 48 53.3%

• Total voters

S32B

Reaction score
Just curious as to how many will stick with Audi after their current car and how many will move on.

It would also be interesting to hear the reasons behind your choice.

I consider myself a big Audi fan.
Between me and my wife, we've had 8 in a row and 10 in total.
This is based on the cars but also the excellent dealership I deal with. Also, each time I look elsewhere nothing in my price range excites me.
As mentioned in an earlier thread though, the "software" type issues are really bugging me currently (shortcut button, phone connection, ipod functionality, Dynamic showing but not activated, Google Maps glitches.........).
I feel Audi are dealing with these things as one-offs rather than acknowledging it's a wider issue.
Therefore, for the above poll, I remain undecided as mine and my wifes cars are both only 8 months old and a lot can change before we think about trading them in a couple of years time.

Reactions: SILVAF0XX, Daveotto and Flying Scotsman
Me ? No

After 15 years & 4 new A4/S4's I'm fancying a change TBH

But never say never ... ;)

Reactions: Audi Bairn
No, always wanted one, now I've done it and got it out of my system.

Yes 100% - if they ever getting round to building it
A little off topic but I'm waiting for my first Audi. Between us, in the 19 yrs we have been together my Mrs :whip: and I have owned 9 different VW of various shapes and sizes. Although the same family, I have high expectations that the A3 will be noticeably different to the last 3 Golf I have owned.

I'm probably sticking with audi....undecided but chances are next car will either be a rs3 or a sq5

Quite possibly, the tech is only going to get better as well as the performance (hopefully) and I've got a good contact at the dealer I bought from which is one of the reasons I didn't buy from my local dealer.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
@Audi Bairn comments are interesting and they would bug the hell out of me, especially if the dealer has done his best and Audi were not addressing the concerns in a positive manner. The issues he describes are all software related and do not hamper the drive-ability of the car BUT in today's world those convenience functions are almost a necessity in day to day life.
I, for one, very rarely use any of those functions, as I live in a cocoon of old age traditions. I love it when I get in a car and just drive it with no outside interference. I am retired now but was an International Sales Manager and believe me I hated mobile phones with calls, e-mails and later on text messages constantly bombarding me with at most times very mundane requests and information, but that is the world I am glad to be out of.
As I pointed out before though, any manufacturer who sort of ignores customer complaints in today's Twitter and Facebook era does so at their peril. I had an issue as did all North American 2017 A3 and S3 models without Audi maps installed with Android Auto not functioning in Google Maps. The finger pointing was something to behold...We have no issue, then we are working on the issue etc. It took 8 months to fix.

Reactions: richinsoton, glospete, Daveotto and 2 others
Just done it as most know, l contemplate on cancelling it at times ,why in hindsight,it's megabucks even without the fancy paint for a A3 when l have a really nice version of it just now, which has never ever given me any trouble in 29 months, besides all of that they are getting out of hand on there prices, l have seen how much they have jumped up just after l got my existing car,a S3 black edition S-TRONIC.... is now nearly the same price as a Rs3 when they where firstly introduced 2 years past in May.....

Reactions: richinsoton, glospete, TDI-line and 3 others
Really hard to say. Only just got my s3 and previously had an A4.
Love the Audi products but hate some of the customer service (depending where you go).
There are plenty of cars out there that are just as good as the Audis but there is something about the Audi styling and brand that is so appealing.
Next car will probably be either an RS3/4/5, BMW M2/4 or something that hasn't yet been released.

I went for 'not sure yet'.

I think the A3 SB is the best looking in its class, is practical and has good residuals. However, Audi are getting very greedy IMO - low PX, high price, high APR to name just a few. Other marques are chucking more equipment as standard and much better deals. For example, there are cracking 1Series offers (yes, I know there's a new model coming soon). Very undecided at the moment.

Reactions: David McQueen, Jassyo06 and Tom.H
There are plenty of cars out there that are just as good as the Audis but there is something about the Audi styling and brand that is so appealing.
Next car will probably be either an RS3/4/5, BMW M2/4 or something that hasn't yet been released.

This is the problem with my misses. Very much the Apple (as in IPhone etc) effect.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and James.B8
In the long run, probably not. But at the moment i'm enjoying what i have got!

Who knows what the future holds ?

I've voted time for a change, been with Audi since 2004, but seen a real change in their approach over that time. For me they have pushed too hard on the sales, many more Audi on the road than a few years ago but not sure that the dealership, servicing and customer care has kept up with that growth.
I think the quality and aftercare when they were slightly smaller felt better for the customer, and seemed quite important to the franchise but not sure that is the same now.

Not sure what I will go with next but will enjoy looking around.

Reactions: richinsoton, Soulboy and Audi Bairn
Well my next car is an S3 for September delivery so 100% lol.

I'm just a fan of BMW, VW, Audi and Porsche. So will have plenty of choices and tough decisions to make after!

I've seen quite a few comments in various threads about low residuals and poor px prices. It isn't just Audi, its industry wide at the moment, there are suggestions that car finance is heading for a mini crash as dealers are throwing cars at people who can't really afford them. Easy finance stimulates new car sales, this leads to supply for 2nd hand cars outstripping demand. Basic market economics dictates that when supply exceeds demand prices fall.

Reactions: PanamaS3 and Tom.H
I've seen quite a few comments in various threads about low residuals and poor px prices. It isn't just Audi, its industry wide at the moment, there are suggestions that car finance is heading for a mini crash as dealers are throwing cars at people who can't really afford them. Easy finance stimulates new car sales, this leads to supply for 2nd hand cars outstripping demand. Basic market economics dictates that when supply exceeds demand prices fall.

Hey Mr doom and Gloom lol there will be another recession but not at the moment.... Residuals ate based discounts, higher discount lower residuals
It's easily resolved don't trade your car into Audi simples, sell it,l sold my last car which was on finance and will do the same with my Audi come the time

Reactions: David McQueen
"Not sure yet" for me but only had the latest Audi for 2 weeks but maybe I will settle on this one for more than the typical 2 years, this being my 4th in 9.5 years.

Can certainly see myself going down the mid life crisis new Porsche or older Aston Martin route as a mid life crisis car at some point when I dont have kids to ferry to/from university or maybe that might be a TTRS!!!!!

Reactions: PanamaS3 and Audi Bairn
Hey Mr doom and Gloom lol there will be another recession but not at the moment.... Residuals ate based discounts, higher discount lower residuals
It's easily resolved don't trade your car into Audi simples, sell it,l sold my last car which was on finance and will do the same with my Audi come the time

You must lend me your Ara blue tinted spectacles.... I'm not being pessimistic, it's all over the media at the moment. You raise a good question, how many people would be confident to spend over £20k on a high performance car from a bloke in the street (no disrespect intended, your hanging baskets are lovely) with limited if any warranty. I really don't think I would

You must lend me your Ara blue tinted spectacles.... I'm not being pessimistic, it's all over the media at the moment. You raise a good question, how many people would be confident to spend over £20k on a high performance car from a bloke in the street (no disrespect intended, your hanging baskets are lovely) with limited if any warranty. I really don't think I would
You couldn't afford it anyway so no point extending this conversation lol yeah it's got 6 months left on the warranty Dr Doom no wonder you've chosen a grey coloured car lol

I can't see much else in the range tempting me apart from maybe an S5 but I hear they are somewhat uninspiring to drive. Lots of choice out there but if M4s keep depreciating the way they are right now, I might have to scratch the M car itch.

Reactions: rvtb101
You couldn't afford it anyway so no point extending this conversation lol yeah it's got 6 months left on the warranty Dr Doom no wonder you've chosen a grey coloured car lol

Dr Nano Doom, I like that, makes me sound like a bond villan. Can a moderator set that as my screen name?

Maybe it came over wrong, I wasn't taking the p1ss about having the confidence to buy an expensive 2nd car from a private seller. It's just a risk I think that a lot of people would struggle to take. I hope you get a buyer quickly when the time comes lol.

There are a lot more 'premium' brand cars on the road than there used to be.

Cheap PCP means people who used to buy Ford, Vauxhall and Peugeot - now buy (rent) Audi, BMW and Mercedes.

Exclusive now more towards Porsche, Maserati etc .....imo.

Reactions: PanamaS3, Daveotto, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
Perhaps. It seems that as the in-car tech gets more advanced (I'm talking MMI here rather than driving functions) the bugs seem to be increasing, not currently sure I trust Audi's ability to handle ever more complex software. At least for the driving tech (ACC, Lane assist etc), the tech is bought in from third party companies (Bosch for those 2 I believe).

That said, other manufacturers are probably no better. I do like Audi for not giving in to the terrible trend of putting touch screens in cars.

Possibly although being retired I doubt that I'll be in the market for another new car for a few years. But the Tesla Model 3 intrigues me - I love the tech and they do seem to understand it a lot better than Audi, even down to over-the-air software updates. Are you listening Mr Audi? Range anxiety is becoming less of an issue with electric cars, and the performance is sensational (where's your equivalent of Ludicrous mode in Drive Select Mr Audi)? It would not be for environmental reasons that I might go electric (the "dirty" bit is only pushed back down the chain to the power station). No it would be the tech and performance mainly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The S3 is just too refined and remote for me .... this maybe an option for the future (2018)

1200-L-la-megane-rs-2018-devrait-se-montrer-tres-proche.jpg

Reactions: Benji34, SPIKE_, Psyman79 and 3 others
Dr Nano Doom, I like that, makes me sound like a bond villan. Can a moderator set that as my screen name?

Maybe it came over wrong, I wasn't taking the p1ss about having the confidence to buy an expensive 2nd car from a private seller. It's just a risk I think that a lot of people would struggle to take. I hope you get a buyer quickly when the time comes lol.
I won't probably sell it to a private buyer more like some small showroom etc and in the unlikely event l don't sell it,l will keep it for a few months and keep the new yin in the driveway.... Not going to give it away to the likes of WBAC

Reactions: ice_cube99
Hey Mr doom and Gloom lol there will be another recession but not at the moment....
"There are suggestions that car finance is heading for a mini crash as dealers are throwing cars at people who can't really afford them"... Is what @Chris43 said rather than a full blown recession @jassyo06 & TBH he is correct in that when even the IMI motor trade only magazine has recently carried the headline "PCP, is it the next PPI miselling scandal", if the trade papers are openly acknowledging there's an issue as well as the general press reporting on it you know it's going to kick off at some point lol.

Anyhow back on topic after a few recents responces from my retailer to issues I've raised that were no better than "computer says no" I'll probably be looking elsewhere too. Basically if a manager has no authority they're not really a manager imho, rather it being an issue with the car itself.

Reactions: Chris43 and Jassyo06
Both the FCA and PRA are investigating PCP at the moment.

There will likely be some considerable changes to PCP affordability rules once the reviews are complete - as the bottom line is to decrease the number of buyers (80-90%) who currently buy via PCP.

The easiest way is just to regulate on affordability to get the numbers down.

Reactions: Chris43, richinsoton and Jassyo06
Both the FCA and PRA are investigating PCP at the moment.

Was great for my daughter but is something wrong when less than 3 months into her first full time job since leaving uni my daughter was able to put down a few pounds and walk away with a brand new car worth around £17000 and payments were less than a personal loan for well under half the amount

Reactions: Flying Scotsman and richinsoton
I don't think there is anything wrong as long as your daughter can cope with the long term affordability of the PCP. The problem is dealers are giving PCP to people who can't really afford the monthly out lay. This leads to defaulted payments, CCJ's etc etc.

I can see the time coming were car finance is subject to the same checks as mortgage applications where lenders ask for proof of earnings and detailed monthly expenditure. The downfall is that some applications will be rejected but these people are possibly being saved from them themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: richinsoton and Jassyo06
They do affordability checks already Chris. But they are very light touch and not thorough.

But new much stricter rules are likely to be enforced by the FCA. It's going to be an eye opener for the motor industry dealing with the FCA - post a thematic review (knowing how they operate!)

In addition the PRA are concerned about the systemic risk for lenders of PCP now its so prevalent.

Couple that with the ambulance chasers eyeing up the market as the next PPI scandal - and things are going to be very different in the future.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-3644528/Claims-lawyers-looking-mis-selling-PCP.html

Reactions: richinsoton
They do affordability checks already Chris. But they are very light touch and not thorough.

But new much stricter rules are likely to be enforced by the FCA. It's going to be an eye opener for the motor industry dealing with the FCA - post review (knowing how they operate!)

Couple that with the ambulance chasers eyeing up the market as the next PPI scandal - and things are going to be very different in the future.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-3644528/Claims-lawyers-looking-mis-selling-PCP.html

Its been almost 4 years since I applied for a PCP and I don't remember any affordability checks, clearly things have changed.

Thanks for sharing the link, I think there are interesting times coming. I hate the whole 1-800 ambulance chasing culture that is creeping in to the UK, what with holiday sickness and flight delays being the next big cash generator for legal firms we really don't need another one. However, if it makes the dealers advise customers properly it can't be a bad thing.

Reactions: richinsoton and Jassyo06
And this is part of the PRA report released last week.

2.9 Motor finance has seen the fastest expansion among consumer credit products, where a key
factor has been the growing popularity of Personal Contract Purchase (PCP1) deals, which now
account for around 80% of gross flows for new dealership consumer car finance (Annex, Chart 4).
PCP creates explicit risk exposure to the vehicle’s residual value for lenders,
2 who typically offer a
guaranteed future value (GFV) for the vehicle. Gross GFV exposure is estimated to be around
£23 billion across the industry, and GFVs are typically set in the range of 85-95% of the vehicle’s
expected future value (with a minority higher than that). PCPs written at the high end of this range
are particularly exposed to a significant downturn in the used car market, possibly outside historic
experience (used car prices fell by up to c.20% in the crisis, before recovering). An initial fall in prices
could lead to a surplus of used cars coming to the market, which could further weaken prices and
cause material losses to lenders through their GFV risk.

Reactions: richinsoton
I consider myself a big Audi fan.
Between me and my wife, we've had 8 in a row and 10 in total.
This is based on the cars but also the excellent dealership I deal with. Also, each time I look elsewhere nothing in my price range excites me.
As mentioned in an earlier thread though, the "software" type issues are really bugging me currently (shortcut button, phone connection, ipod functionality, Dynamic showing but not activated, Google Maps glitches.........).
I feel Audi are dealing with these things as one-offs rather than acknowledging it's a wider issue.
Therefore, for the above poll, I remain undecided as mine and my wifes cars are both only 8 months old and a lot can change before we think about trading them in a couple of years time.

Volkswagen are suffering with a lot of software issues on their range particularly the 5F media units. Although Audi's units are different it doesn't surprise me one bit. I believe all the brands have been having issues

Looking to get the RS3 saloon so most likely but it does depend how the new A45 AMG is. Not sure when the new 1 series or other hot hatches/small sports saloons come out.