Is this worth losing a friend over?

Something to ponder. If you hang on to the £220 the other person paid you to pass on to your friend, you could end up dragging that person into the situation between you and your friend.

As for the problem itself, I take Turkster's point about real friends helping each other out when they need it, but I don't think that applies here. It sounds to me like this character is taking advantage of your non-confrontational nature to bully you into getting what he wants, and that's not what friends do.

As far as itemX is concerned, I think you have two options; either accept the £150, or say you have changed your mind and ask for it back. As far as your "friend" is concerned, I think you have only one option, and that is to distance yourself from him.

Well, he did call me quite late last night, told me to hang on to the money, no mention of paying me or anything. ItemX is still not fixed - yet.

As for his personal situation, I guess you could put him in the 'really in the ****' category, though he would never admit it or act like it....

I haven't given up on him as a friend, but it's keeping a certain distance from him regarding on how close we was as pals. He's not doing himself any favours of late also, there's some not so good stories floating about him in the last few days, and I'm just staying quiet.

Regarding the person that gave me the £220, the reason the money was passed to me is he didn't want to see said friend, for fear of smashing his face in, so no love lost there aye! lol

I'm not trying to make out he's an @rsehole, but maybe he just is....

Well that last post has done it for me. Keep the money you have for him and quietly slip out of his life. Sounds like a bad egg.

Ahhhh the ball drops, I wondered where this £220 came from, just recap'd on missed posts lol, yeah leave him to it mate, £220 is fine as you were happy with £200, so £20 few beers for your trouble huh.

X3

Better the devil you know, atleast he wont have you in the net again, and you can put your current situation down to 'life exsperiance' , also id take every opportunity to rip the **** out of him infront of others to make him feel like a right c**k, if it just so happens he does sell it :) lol

Better the devil you know, atleast he wont have you in the net again, and you can put your current situation down to 'life exsperiance' , also id take every opportunity to rip the **** out of him infront of others to make him feel like a right c**k, if it just so happens he does sell it :) lol

It's happening already. The guy who gave me the £220 is ripping the **** out of him, and he actually called me up to back him up, cause I have a good rep. I just told him 'I'll see what I can do' and put the phone down....

KARMA has it's ways aye.

this is what friends do

in your case i would say it really depends on how much of a friend he has been to you in the past. i know not to dismiss a good friend on one misunderstanding. that being said if he has always 'used' you then i guess its time to wake up and toss him to the side.

as you first said he has always been trusty and 9 out of 10 times you have trusted him.

Last edited by a moderator: