Is This The New RS5 SB ?

Bristle Hound

Staff member
Reaction score
i-MH49Qwf-X2-960x480.jpg

i-DgGv2z2-X2-600x400.jpg

Spy shots of an A5 Sportback with S5 badges and twin oval exhausts have just emerged and they have us breathing heavily in anticipation of what we think may be the RS5 Sportback.

Audi’s extended, grand coupe, rides on the same platform as the regular A5, but sports an extra pair of doors.

As a result, chances are that under the hood, this will be basically the same as the RS5 we all know and love.

The RS5 Coupe is powered by a 450 hp, 442 lb-ft of torque twin-turbo V6 and it’s good for a 0-60 time of just 3.9 seconds.

Unfortunately, it’ll be a while until you can see what the RS5 Sportback looks like when it’s done. With the RS4 expected in Frankfurt in September, it likely won’t be ready until early next year.

http://fourtitude.com/news/spied-rs5-sportback/

Reactions: daytonamart
Yep it's happening by the looks of things! I'm in an S5 SB and was holding out for the RS4 but this is a game changer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bristle Hound
I just can't not see those plastic wheel arches! I'll have to wait for the production photos.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
I thought we might see and RS4 saloon, more unlikely now.

Just so gutted the new RS5 is so ***** and RS4 will likely be the same

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I thought we might see and RS4 saloon, more unlikely now.

Just so gutted the new RS5 is so ***** and RS4 will likely be the same

@DeanoC - ^ Interesting thoughts ... lol

@DeanoC - ^ Interesting thoughts ... lol
I had my test drive last week. I so wanted to be wrong but it was way worse than i thought even before you let the price enter your head. Fan bois only need apply for the B9 RS's

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Thundercliffe81
I had my test drive last week. I so wanted to be wrong but it was way worse than i thought even before you let the price enter your head. Fan bois only need apply for the B9 RS's

Really? You've driven already and it was actually a let down? The performance not swing it for you? The gearbox is pretty hit and miss like. Unless you're in dynamic.

Really? You've driven already and it was actually a let down? The performance not swing it for you? The gearbox is pretty hit and miss like. Unless you're in dynamic.

It is quick if you look at the speedo. Doesn't feel it though as it just jerks around between 4 and 6k rpm with no surge at all. Just like an s4/5 with a bit more. The box is shocking, worse at the slow stuff than the s4/s5 and that is pretty bad, sounds ****, visually it's not an rs. You gotta be bat **** crazy to drop 30k on top of an s4/s5 for one.

Last edited:
It is quick if you look at the speedo. Doesn't feel it though as it just jerks around between 4 and 6k rpm with no surge at all. Just like an s4/5 with a bit more. The box is shocking, worse at the slow stuff than the s4/s5 and that is pretty bad, sounds ****, visually it's not an rs. You gotta be bat **** crazy to drop 30k on top of an s4/s5 for one.

That does not sound good mate. As a previous RS owner, I obviously rate your opinion and that's just terrible. I just liked the alcantara and visually, I really like it actually. It ends there. Sigh. Maybe it'll make more sense in a slightly cheaper B9 RS4? And I think the sportback will look good too but this is all just...aesthetics isn't it? I wanted this next gen to be great so badly.

That does not sound good mate. As a previous RS owner, I obviously rate your opinion and that's just terrible. I just liked the alcantara and visually, I really like it actually. It ends there. Sigh. Maybe it'll make more sense in a slightly cheaper B9 RS4? And I think the sportback will look good too but this is all just...aesthetics isn't it? I wanted this next gen to be great so badly.

The 4 will be more. The interior is best in class but you can get the same interior for a 3rd of the money in an A5.

Visuals are opinions and opinions are like ********* - everyone has one. My opinion is it's not RS looking. No big arches, no big brakes, no integrated ovals, no bespoke interior bits. It looks like an s5 with rubbish wheels.

Audi are skint and it shows. This is not a brand marketing exercise but a cash cow. Do as little as possible and stick an RS badge on it to make some money.

Terrible car and my b8.5 spec with VC is 84k

The 4 will be more. The interior is best in class but you can get the same interior for a 3rd of the money in an A5.

Visuals are opinions and opinions are like ********* - everyone has one. My opinion is it's not RS looking. No big arches, no big brakes, no integrated ovals, no bespoke interior bits. It looks like an s5 with rubbish wheels.

Audi are skint and it shows. This is not a brand marketing exercise but a cash cow. Do as little as possible and stick an RS badge on it to make some money.

Terrible car and my b8.5 spec with VC is 84k

Holy crap on a cracker. I simply can't fathom the people that would pay for this. The rebrand isn't what I'd hoped. Especially ex lambo boss. But back on point, it all appears to be about aesthetics now and the RS5 sportback will look 'nice'.

Holy **** on a cracker. I simply can't fathom the people that would pay for this. The rebrand isn't what I'd hoped. Especially ex lambo boss. But back on point, it all appears to be about aesthetics now and the RS5 sportback will look 'nice'.

Yea it will look and sound like a nice S5 sportback

I can't help but agree that it doesnt look as 'RS' as it should. I was meant to be taking the coupe for a spin next week to see what the engine's like.. after reading all this I have a feeling I'll be sitting tight in my S5 SB for longer than I had originally planned

I think you are right. I'll test drive the RS5 SB when it is available, but am not expecting it to lure me away from my B8.5, especially since it is stage 2.

No pics of these RS5 test drives?????