Is this the First facelift picture/detail

Autoblog didn't even catch the new rear valance. The question is, will they be fake exhaust tips or real? Hopefully real. Don't care for the new front "loud speaker" cut-outs.

From what I have been told, what you are looking at is the new front for the non S Line models as part of the model year 19 upgrades. In previous years week 22 was the last week of the previous model year builds. This year it has gone back to week 33 (still subject to change) mainly due to the new test procedures. Another snippet I heard of was, options will now be in “packs” not individual items as the new regulations would require Audi to test individual cars to ascertain emission figures dependant on options fitted.

Reactions: WesT-gefül
If I were considering the A4 now I wouldn’t wait for that. I’d grab a deal now or the just as this facelift, (if you can call it that) is released. It might have some new tech though which we obviously don’t know about.

Reactions: >oxo<
If thats the facelift... i must say i am rather disappointed. That looks exactly the same as the normal car.. & this packs business can only seem that the car will be more expensive when spec’d

Reactions: tickedon
Audi are unlikely to change much of the look of the car. You only have to look at thedifference from the b8 to the b9..

It’s a mid-life facelift, not a new model. Expect minor changes, maybe an extra bit of tech or two on different trims, and a price increase.

We won’t see anything significant till the B10 in a few years.

Reactions: TameAutumn
There are a lot of pics of the facelifted B9 emerging from Germany today. The only exterior difference being stated is the lower front bumper grilles. Nothing else. I wouldn’t be holding off for the new one that’s for sure.

Reactions: tickedon and TameAutumn
There are a lot of pics of the facelifted B9 emerging from Germany today. The only exterior difference being stated is the lower front bumper grilles. Nothing else. I wouldn’t be holding off for the new one that’s for sure.
My thoughts exactly

Reactions: ScottishA4B9 and tickedon
Complete with the current trend of fake exhausts...
Screenshot 20180529 195504

Often or not test mules do not have everything the finished model will have so superficial items such as head or rear lights might not important. That one looks like it might not have led headlamps either. Perhaps they like to confuse us as well...

Often or not test mules do not have everything the finished model will have so superficial items such as head or rear lights might not important. That one looks like it might not have led headlamps either. Perhaps they like to confuse us as well...

I'd have thought that unless they were testing new technology they'd just throw on the cheapest option for the superficial parts, just like you've said. So no LED front or rear lights for the test mule! :)

On the subject of the exhaust, you can clearly see that the offside one is blanked off but it looks like the nearside one does actually have an opening with an actual exhaust pipe, so maybe they haven't completely done away with them just yet... Thankfully. I think the fake exhausts look horrible. Either have an exhaust outlet or don't pretend.

Reactions: cuke2u
We can hope but given Audi's recent designs with the A8,7 & 6 I fear fake exhaust outlets are a reality. Perhaps they became fed up with the complaints about pitting but it does seem to be a VAG thing as the Ibiza FR also has fake ones...

Reactions: Daggerit
It may seem superficial but fake exhausts on a car would definitely put me off buying!

Reactions: TameAutumn, Daggerit and tickedon
Common it seems and would not make any difference to my purchase but I am sure the 'S' and the 'RS' would retain them:
2015 mercedes c class 7 3  90c7debf58596f7ec0d8010c9d8f5dc55dec1bcc

I think for a performance car I would want real exhausts - until EV start becoming the norm

That is what concerns me ...
Yes indeed!

I wonder what the aftermarket exhaust manufacturers are doing as surely it will be more difficult fitting these if the new cars all have the bumper designed with these stupid fake trims, would require a new bumper or something to accommodate the real exhaust tips?