Is this strange or normal?

W2 NCC

Modding along nicely!
Reaction score
Could you guys put my mind to rest with something that I have noticed earlier on today that I've not noticed before.

When my heater is on between half & full on the blower to the windscreen, when I squirt water on the windscreen with the wiper arm pulled towards me, at the same time the heater blower level goes up 2 bars for around 5 seconds.

Anyone else noticed this on theirs or could there be an underlying issue lurking?

Cheers in advance peeps....

So you have the windscreen button pressed and you've adjusted it to 3/4 blower speed?

Any particular heat?

I'll try mine after I've had my dinner

So you have the windscreen button pressed and you've adjusted it to 3/4 blower speed?

Any particular heat?

I'll try mine after I've had my dinner

On full heat Carl, I've since noticed it goes up whatever setting the fan motor is on.

well its chucking it down here now, just tried it in my " special " avant , not a change ,that's a bummer so mine is not that special now either....

maybe it's one of audi's option options , you know, it's that very special option you can have ontop of another option....haha

I wonder why the hell mine is doing it then?
Nothing showing up any issues with vcds so ******** if i know pal, Thanks for checking for us tho...

just tried it in my " special " avant , not a change ,that's a bummer so mine is not that special now either....

But you make up for it Rob what with you being so SPECIAL
graphics-quasimodo-768762.gif

Reactions: Charlie Farley
sorry for late reply but.............

.........mine dose this as well dont know why or what for but it seems to boost the blower speed for a bit then it go's back to where i had it set ???

Reactions: W2 NCC
sorry for late reply but.............

.........mine dose this as well dont know why or what for but it seems to boost the blower speed for a bit then it go's back to where i had it set ???

Yey I'm not going mad lol

I've been reading up everywhere to try & find out why it does it but to no avail.

Mine doesn't it as well mate, not sure why.

The worrying thing is I've had the car nearly 4 yrs & I've only noticed it in the last couple of weeks.
Got me thinking why some do it & some don't tho hmmmmm

Both my A4's (and I think all A4's?) switch the heater to recirculate when you squirt the windscreen. I think, so you don't get screenwash stink in the car (very posh).

It might have something to do with that??

Last edited:
Reactions: Dani_B19
My b6 does this. It is either the above mentioned, or to heat up the water that is being sprayed onto the windscreen, to help defrost the windscreen. I think it only happens at a certain temperature.

Reactions: Dani_B19