Is this normal?

E

Evil Diesel

Been on the M25 in rain for half an hour and shutdown the car with clouds of steam coming off the radiator.....

Steam

Cheers - good to know. Surprised by the clouds of steam though - the photo doesn't do it justice. Mind you, these things do run hot judging from the steam off the bonnet when its wet.

Cheers - good to know. Surprised by the clouds of steam though - the photo doesn't do it justice. Mind you, these things do run hot judging from the steam off the bonnet when its wet.

Was out today in the FL.
snowing here too, parked up came back to the car half hour later and it was still steaming from the bonnet

A chap commented on mine steaming away recently, said I must have been caning it. I'd driven their in comfort :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

I had a comment made to me in one of my many trips to Shell in the last few weeks. “Oh, butt, there is steam coming from your bonnet”.

I’m used to seeing it now especially if it’s after I’ve washed the car, steam from the rad.

By-product of hooning ?
Mine does similar when outside temps are where they are currently .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spirited for the conditions I would say. Certainly not hooning weather. Mind you, the RS3 owns the f*cking road in weather like this!

Reactions: Terminator x, DW81 and Jonny B
Had exactly the same on lots of occasions... Maybe we all drive harder than we let on...

Oh is this normal, i have had it quite a few times over the last few months. At first i thought it was just some snow foam burning off as it always tended to be when i washed it, then i thought i had a coolant leak as i had to top it up a bit, but now i am wandering if its just another RS trait to go along with the squeaky brakes. I booked the car in for a service today and have asked them to investigate, but maybe no need.