Is this meant to happen ?

joinerman

Reaction score
Got to work this morning & thought as it's hot i will leave the windows down, done this before & don't lock the car, a while later i walked past the car to notice all the windows were shut & the car locked, never done it before, luckily the key was in my workshop but sometimes i leave it in the door pocket, car's an A4 05 3.0 quattro Avant.

Where do you work?

Reactions: Luke2.0tdi2010, S.line, kellogz and 1 other person
I know the doors auto lock if you have opened the vehicle and dont do anything for a certain period. I have never left the windows open to see if they close on there own.

it shouldn't happen

what side pocket are the keys in ?

You can shut the Windows n lock doors by holding the key fob button down a second or two longer!! Must of dun that in your pocket

Mine does it all the time, usually down to them being in my pocket and pressing against my leg but sometimes just out of the blue. Not being funny but might be a good idea keeping windows up when leaving the car on display, if your worried about it locking/unlocking keep all valuables deadlocked in the glovebox or boot.

The cars in my yard & i can see it all day long, it's also covered by two cctv cameras, nothing of value in it anyway.
Didn't lock it's self today