Is this just a characteristic of the S3?

richmcveigh

P R N D S
Reaction score
Hi all,

Ever since I bought my S3 in December it pulls to the left. So, on a straight road (eg motorway) if I release my grip on the steering wheel, within about 6/7 seconds I am in the lane to the left of me. This does prove useful when going round left-hand bends however ;)

I took it down to Southampton Audi, and after driving the car, the technician said he could notice it but cars do naturally follow the camber of the road. They then gave me a lovely A5 for the day whilst they adjusted the Toe. To my delight, upon retrieving the S3 in the evening they said they had resolved the issue, but to my dismay on my way home I was still having to avoid the hedge rows on my left!! :(

The S3 is booked in again on Wednesday. What is worrying me is the fact that Southampton have said that if anymore work needs to be done on it, it then needs to be driven up to London (where I originally bought it) so my original dealer can look at it. This is a lot of milage and a lot of fuel for something which isn't my fault. Buying a car which was 9 months old, you expect it to be perfect!!

Has anyone else experienced this pulling to the left phenomenon?

It sounds as if the tracking is still out on your car,so it may be worth taking it to a tyre dealer with proper 4 wheel alignment facilities......Quattros are well known for alignment going out quite quickly.

Here's a couple of pics from mine...before and after.

img003.jpg
img004.jpg

You can see in the first pic that the car is basically set up to turn right.

First of all, if its only 9 months old, it shouldn't matter what Audi dealer it goes to. They are all paid by Audi UK to complete these warranty claims.

So tell them ****** to the London trip!!

Really, tracking is very arguable though, potholes, going up kerbs etc miss align these all the time.

So trying to get it done at Audi's cost might prove difficult, but if enough stink is made, they will have their tail between their legs.

These dealers are funny buggers,I read of a car being bought from Stratford Audi and Watford Audi wouldn't fix a coil pack so they had to flatbed it to save the seller travelling.

Also now Southampton Audi have physically adjusted and worked on your car, they are now legally viable to have it done to a good enough standard.

The problem is no longer with Audi dealer in London at all.

Its done by "whoever touched it last approach" these days.

"Stick your heels in"

All good points.....don't be fobbed off by a dealer who doesn't want the responsibility for the work they've supposedly done.