is this good

simon.m

Reaction score
hi all been working out my mpg i have a 1.9 tdi sport 115/100 bph did 160 miles on £20.20 pounds.
16 litrs 70 miles of that was around town and 80 was part 60 roads and about 20miles on m.ways i think it works out about 43mpg ish not sure if i should be getting more though. as i dont have a heavy foot lol

thanks
simon:blackrs4:

thats what i thought but im sure on a run it would be way over 50 but as its around town to like school runs not sure if its drinking it or not

you won't see over 50mpg as an average. 42 to 46 is what I get on varied driving. Just back from a run down to Cornwall from Yorkshire and I averaged 47mpg, but that was with a roof box on. Yours sounds about right

Oooooh cue the onslaught of 1.9 drivers who regularly see over 50mpg......

I get 35 ish mpg in day to day use (all A/B roads and I'm quite lead footed cos I work odd hours so enjoy quiet roads :) )

I'd have thought you should get late 40's maybe even early 50's to the gallon going on what I've read about for other 1.9 drivers.

ive seen 53 average on a 500 mile trip to wales taking it steady, round town though its low 40's

im thinking mine is about right then i no on a run it is really good hi 50s i did check with my sat nav when i first got the car a year back and that worked out i was hitting 62mpg and seemed close to what i worked out but that was on m.ways and i did not go over 70 but mostly 65 mph.
but just seemd a bit low of late and was not sure if i should be getting more than 43 mpg

Single long trips will see a higher average. But day to day driving (town, motorway, DC) I doubt anyone gets 50mpg. My 10 plate golf 1.6TDi never sees more than 44mpg so combined average of the 1.9 Audi is not going to blow that away. Over 40mpg combined average is good for a car this size. Long trips at 50mpg is also excellent.

Last edited:
ok so i just did a test on my car filed it right up to the first click/cut off point did a 24.3 mile drive mostly at 65mph and filed up again at the same place cost £2 and 1p put it in on line and it says my car is going 63mpg now i like that but in the book it say it should do 61mpg lol so im lost hahahah

Simon try using a complete tank of fuel and work out the figures, don't use the DIS. I'm sure you'd get a much more meaningful figure over 500 miles than pottering 20 miles up the road!

:racer:it was just as a ruf idea mate not as a beanch mark as i thought it maybe drinking it is all and tock my kids swimming so thought id see how much it cost to run 20mils away