Is This Car Really an S3 ??

Blackberry

Reaction score
I've been trying to find more info about a car advertised on Pistonheads.com

Its advertised as a 2006 model 4 door version with 2.0T rear badges and 242 bhp. I know Audi didn't officially sell S3's in North America so I'm presuming its a Hybrid of another Audi Model?

Any useful info would be appreciated.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/473443.htm

Looks like a 20T S-Line to me, probably been chipped and some muppet has stuck an S3 badge on, sad !!

Mark

If its a 2006 sportback then its not an S3. I don't think the sportbacks are out till next month, maybe later (sure someone will correct me). Its a 2.0T with an ebay badge :)

Thanks for your info Guys................

Yes, Its definitely NOT a Kosher car!
I was attracted to it as its now a Spanish Registered car and I live in Spain. Car prices here are higher than the rest of Europe due to Government Transfer Tax charges of 4% every time you sell on!!
There's also no dealer history with it as he said his brother (The Owner) was a top mechanic! Now who would import a new car from the States and then Not use a main Agent to Service it!

I think I'll leave this car well alone me thinks!

:iagree:

Also has the S-Line badges on the side.
S3 sportback is just going into production...?

I'm sure I mentioned it on here before - but I don't understand why people go to the trouble of buying the various badges and bodykits, etc and then decide to leave the original badging on the car.

There's at least three guys near my house driving "Audi A4 RS4 1.9TDI Quattro S-Line" models - based on what their tailgate says anyway!

I also see another guy with a "VW Golf 1.6 FSI R32 GTI TDI R-Line Wolfsburg Edition". I laugh every time I see it! He has it running on standard suspension with 16 inch wheels and hub caps too!

S3 2.0T.... Uttterly tastless... I have the S3 front on my Sportback but will not DARE put any badges of the sort on my car.... Shaved everything except for the Audi rings...

Yes its an A3 with a S3 badge... Is it really a 2.0T though??? 1.6 perhaps??

Well if it was imported from america it can only be either a 2.0T or a 3.2Q as those are the only two engines they sold the SB in over there.

It also might not be an S-Line either as it doesn't have the S-Line front or rear bumpers or S-Line grille or front fog lights or black headcloth. I know it is Misano Red which is an S-Line colour, but nothing else appears to make sense. It is also sitting quite high which means it doesn't have S-Line suspension and the tailpipes are dirty skinny looking jobs - not the S-Line's nice shiny fat ones.

There's at least three guys near my house driving "Audi A4 RS4 1.9TDI Quattro S-Line" models - based on what their tailgate says anyway!

I was in Ireland on a stag do recently, and I saw an A4 with RS4 badges to the rear, S-Line badges on the side, and an S3 badge on the front!!!

We had a chuckle especially as my mate is an ex RS4 owner. We never did work out what it should have been though