is this an ipod connector in my glove box?

mrmchammer

Reaction score
Just picked up my S3 today! very happy, will get pix up soon. I have a few questions that i need to work through! First up, in the glove compartment i have what looks like a connector for perhaps an ipod but it wont fit my phone, neither will my phone fit into the plastic suround although it will fit in if i take out the surrond (but doesnt fit the connection) any idea what it is?! Its in the top right of the glove box and the connector isnt on a cable, just sticks out of the plastic. i have a picture but dont know how to put it here?

yes sounds like an ipod dock to me pal, i have one too but cant fit my iphone in as the surround is too small havent tried taking it out though,

yeah it looks like the connect is too thin compared to the usual connector for my phone, is there a convertor?

i have 1 of these in my car and it fits my iphone and ipod touch, it was too big for my ipod touch so has to put some of the extra bits of plastic in it to make the ipod stick in.

It is for an iPod/iPhone and you can get your iPhone in there if you just pull out the surrounding plate (it just pulls out and clicks back in). Only problem is if it's an older connection (like mine is) then it doesn't recognise an iPhone 4.

I'm currently looking for a connection adapter.

you can buy an adaptor from ebay i paid £12 for mine works with all iphones and ipods and charges both.

just been to my car and only just realised that it does slide out and my iphone works nicely with my rnse but it doesnt charge tho,
whats this adapter as i want one of these do you have the link for one on ebay kirsty76?

just been to my car and only just realised that it does slide out and my iphone works nicely with my rnse but it doesnt charge tho,
whats this adapter as i want one of these do you have the link for one on ebay kirsty76?

What version RNS-E do you have and what iPhone do you have?

When I plug my iPhone in, nothing happens, no charge and nothing comes up on the RNS-E screen either :-(

i bought the adaptor about a year ago but i have the number of the company you can ring them and ask this is what i did as i bought an aftermarket ipod connection off them 1st then needed to buy an adaptor as i bought an ipod touch and it was not compatible with it. 0121 522 5588 the company is called connect2 tell them you want it to be able to charge your iphone 4 and they will be able to send you the correct 1.