Is this a good deal

Rs1

Reaction score
Picking new Facelift RS3 Saloon up this week Ara blue...traded in my 2 year old rs with 48k miles...they are giving me £27,500 for mine..everywhere else offered £25k...4% off new car and extra £250 if I take car now instead of March 1st...best deal I can find with the sort of mileage on car highest in the country apparently

What are you paying for the new one? Not enough detail to comment if it is a good deal or not!

Lol mine's at 40k. Massive depreciation hit though so feel for you.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Saloon at 42k.... so I can assume it’s got no spec at all then?

Saloon at 42k.... so I can assume it’s got no spec at all then?

Maths don't add up. £45,250 for the cost of a no optioned RS3 saloon, 4% discount off that = £43,440.

He mentioned his options previously as per below, I guess he means £42k credit with a £5k deposit (+£1k going into negative equity in last car?)

£45,250
£775 - Ara
£1,000 - SE
£375 - Privacy
£275 - Folding Mirrors
£250 - Lumbar Support

£47,925 (Minus 4% = £46k)

Saying all that, with a part exchange involved, the numbers can be manipulated anyway the dealer wants them to be.

Last edited:
£27.5k for a 48,000 RS. About £4-5k of that would be a mileage adjustment for high miles. What spec was px?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know a lot of people need to look at monthly payments etc but, for me, buying a depreciating asset on credit is insane - it multiplies the effects of depreciation and is financial suicide.

Reactions: DrEskimo and RGBARGEE
For reference, I got offered £29K on a 2yr old, 12,000 mile car against a brand new M3. Jokers!

How much do you;
1) hope to get?
2) expect to get?
....on a 2yr old mildly spec'd and decent mileage RS3.

Nervus

im in the trade... and thats less than trade depending on spec?.... for reference i bought a 2 year old one for a friend a couple of months back,... tech pack , black pack , pan roof , sss , etc

and paid 29k and i got that cheap....had 31k on the clock

bear in mind though BMW would have to sell it on.. so they wouldnt know the real world value

Nervus

im in the trade... and thats less than trade depending on spec?.... for reference i bought a 2 year old one for a friend a couple of months back,... tech pack , black pack , pan roof , sss , etc

and paid 29k and i got that cheap....had 31k on the clock

bear in mind though BMW would have to sell it on.. so they wouldnt know the real world value

Mine is advertised on audi.co.uk and Pistonheads. I want £34/35k in my pocket.

Bog standard 16 plate Nando grey on Pistonheads for £36k 6k miles

Mine is advertised on audi.co.uk and Pistonheads. I want £34/35k in my pocket.

Oh how I've missed the plugs for your car sale these last few days! ;)

Reactions: MartS300 and Phil3
Oh how I've missed the plugs for your car sale these last few days! ;)
Been busy selling my other Audi! Sold for £5400 more than trade value. Had a few sniffs for RS3 but all want Finance and overinflated opinion of px value.

Well picked up Ara Blue Rs3 Saloon last Thursday..I’ve forgotten about the finance now all done and dusted.....car feels punchier than my old one..but as said before not as many pops and crackles but still sounds good and takes the corners better very happy with it

Reactions: Terminator x