Is there any point in putting an after-market air filter into my A6 2.0 TDI?

Crossmax

Reaction score
Hello folks.
Am having my A6 serviced soon, was thinking of fitting an K&N or Pipercross air filter instead of the standard filter, am I wasting my time, will it make any difference?

Regards
Peter

Hello folks.
Am having my A6 serviced soon, was thinking of fitting an K&N or Pipercross air filter instead of the standard filter, am I wasting my time, will it make any difference?

Regards
Peter

Stick with the OEM filter.
Audi have invested a lot of money into getting the best air flow, I can't see the sense in putting a smaller after-market filter that draws in hot, less dense air from the engine bay.

Sod all difference, but you do get a nice K&N sticker to put on the air filter housing or shopping list on the side of the car....

Reactions: KrisKrk and RoyC
The sticker will make my car go faster and give me quattro four wheek drive right????

The only benefit is you only need to buy once however you do need to maintain it yourself

I'm still learning up on audi. But on my discovery alot of us that tried a k&n filter found the oil they use in killed the maf sensor quickly. Think only the ITG panel filter lasted better. In the end people stood by the normal oem paper filters

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

You also need to by the correct cleaning fluid & oil, and clean it out the filter on a yearly basis. Also unless you have a spare filter you will also have to leave the filter to dry out (so car off the road) and re oil. So called performance filters on road cars don't make any scene in my eyes.

Reactions: GrizzlyDan