Is there any hope for me?

DomH

Reaction score
Got my renewal through from admiral a few weeks ago. I paid just over £1500 last year, but earlier in the year I had an accident when a deer ran out in front of me causing a fair bit of damage, headlight, wing, bumper and bonnet all needed replacing. This also knocked my NCB down to 0 years due to a total loss I had in 2012 which came to £6450 which took my NCB down too, no one else was involved but of course it's quite the expensive claim!

Admiral sent my renewal through at just under £2500 for this year :( Which is a massive jump, but two accidents in a short space of time doesn't look too good against my driving record, even though I have a clean licence!

2010 A3 S-line 1.8 TFSI
24, clean licence held for 6 years, no convictions or anything
Leeds 7 postcode which isn't great
Car is parked on private property
Only cover about 6000 miles a year

Is there any hope for me or am I just going to have to fork out? I've tried all the usual comparison sites and nothing comes up under £3k! I rang Adrian Flux and they couldn't do anything, I even rang Prestige and the guy said that no quotes were coming back at all and he'd never even seen that happen before. I assume Chris Knott/sky insurance will probably end up the same...

:3sadwalk:

just a matter of calling round.

but you will just have to pay and not crash again.

I hit a fox and just paid for repairs myself.

just a matter of calling round.

but you will just have to pay and not crash again.

I hit a fox and just paid for repairs myself.

I wish I had fixed it myself, I would have done a better job!

Funnily enough, I usually use comparethemarket (I wanted a meerkat toy) if I'm comparing as they all use the same sites. But I just tried confused.com and the Admiral/Elephant/Diamond prices came in at around £1200. So I phoned admiral up, the kind lady there cross reference the quote and my current policy to make sure everything matched, and she said it was all fine so she was able to match the price.

Well chuffed, about half what my renewal was so I'm over the moon. :anbet:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but that's why I always guarantee my NCB - can't afford to lose it :unsure:

That Leeds postcode is a big part of it, I'd imagine - you need NCB to make those postcodes even vaguely sensible.