Is there a seal under the jog wheel?

amalething03

Reaction score
This is a really daft question, but since I got the car new I always thought the jog wheel was inconveniently difficult to depress. Instead of a simple press from the finger tips, it needs pressing using the palm of ones hand. I assumed this was so one's fingers didn't accidentally depress it when driving or operating it (such a bumps in the road).

Yesterday I looked down and there was a matt beige looking elastic band uncoiling from under 1/4 of the jog wheel. I removed it from the rest of the jog wheel.

Looking at it, it looks far too big to go around this wheel, as its all coiled up. But is this supposed to be a seal or has someone put an elastic band around it, possibly with some POS rubbish hung from it? Maybe someone has or has seen the parts list for this component?

Only, it feels much nicer to depress now. There's no play. It feels quite good!

Just had a look at the parts catalogue and it not really help because the whole wheel and what it is connected to is just listed a a single part. If it works OK now it may well have been the remains of an elastic band!

Think your talking about the mmi wheel near the handbrake button? Should be one finger operation with a positive detent feeling - sounds like someone could have put a band around it to give a rubberised feel for some reason and it worked its way under as you say.

Yeah I reckon as above, but if we its not working fully, take it in.

There is no seal. Sounds like you might have a faulty controller take it to the dealer. I've taken both non-touch and touch versions apart.