Is there a guide to change steering wheel?

oneniner

Reaction score
Can someone advise me how to change the steering wheel on a B7 chassis. Both steering wheels are exactly the same, but the one I am fitting has the S Line logo. So both are multifunction. Will I still need Vag Com?

No, vag-com is not require, but good practice to clear & check for fault codes. It's a simple task undo the allen key bolts ( 6 or 8mm cannot remember) once removed unclip the air bag. There is one big splined bolt to remove ( this should be replace as thread lock is used) fit new steering wheel and secure bolt refit air bag.

I always disconnect the battery before removing the air bag, as the way I see it you don't the thing going off in your face if something goes wrong (most people don't bother, it's up to you on that one)

So if I just unplug the connectors and plug it into new steering wheel.. Everything will work as it should? Volume, track selection etc..

if there both the same yes they will work

I cant seem to locate the Allen key bolts. Are they underneath the front cover? If so do I just gently pride it off?

either side behind the steering wheel you see a half moon clips you need to remove them to see the allen key bolts.