Facelift Is there a FL list for vcds coding?

Got it now thanks mate. I realised the search function isn't as intuitive as i thought, I had to type in letters then use the drop down above to look at the narrowed search, i understand how this works now. Thanks for your help mate.

Is it possible to turn up the volume of the alarm chirp once it is activated by VCDS?
Good stuff :)

Unfortunately not.

I haven't been able to change the reversing bulb brightness, the guide says Audi default is 86% and can be changed to 100%. Mine had a default value of 127, not sure what this means as it cant relate to % ??

I haven't been able to change the reversing bulb brightness, the guide says Audi default is 86% and can be changed to 100%. Mine had a default value of 127, not sure what this means as it cant relate to % ??
That means you have LED bulbs and they are already set to maximum.

Normal bulbs = 0 to 100
LED = 0 to 127

Did not have much time to test with the new car, was ill and then hopped a flight for an xmas holiday.

The following has been tested and works without issue on the car in my signature:
  • Beep on lock
  • Beep on unlock
  • Tone on lock mmi menu
  • Needle sweep (virtual cockpit)
  • Lap timer (virtual cockpit)
  • Video In Motion (MMI4G Plus v2 - via VCP Vim Manager)
  • MMI Menu Speed Restrictions removal (via VCP Vim Manager)
  • Visual comfort closing
  • DRL control via external lighting mmi menu
  • Wiper change position mmi menu
  • Motorway turn signals 5
  • Seatbelt warning off (VCDS and Carista)
  • Coming Home Lights Timer to 60sec
  • Leaving Home Lights Timer to 60sec
Not working on the car in my signature:
  • Driving School MMI Display
  • CH/LH Lights via DRL only
All tested via the normal PFL methods, reference the PDF in my signature. Am working offline on further Codings. Will update when I know more.

What is the Driving School MMI change mate??

What is the Driving School MMI change mate??
Adds a screen saver to your MMI screen which displays a digital speedo and turn signal icons. Cannot get it to work on FL cars at the moment as it seems an extra step is needed.

Lol, i hope i don't need that after 39 years of driving!!!

@DJAlix Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere (I genuinely have been searching everywhere), but with the Facelift model, is it possible to enable the parking system display on the MMI when only rear sensors are fitted?

@DJAlix Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere (I genuinely have been searching everywhere), but with the Facelift model, is it possible to enable the parking system display on the MMI when only rear sensors are fitted?
Hoping to be able to figure this out for sure tomorrow. So far it cannot be enabled via the PFL method.

Reactions: AL_B and NATOuk
Hoping to be able to figure this out for sure tomorrow. So far it cannot be enabled via the PFL method.

Good luck, keep us posted :) Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be awesome if that is possible Alix.

One of the annoying features of the S3 is that it automatically resumes playback of Bluetooth audio.. is there a way to change the behaviour through coding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks James, that would be great!

There might be a chance to restore "sound control" from what I have seen so far.

Any luck with audio controls yet? Most frustrating thing about this car...the B&O system that has no controls.

I agree.

For an up-level sound system there should be more than Bass, Treble and fader... What is Audi thinking. It is not hard to have the coding created.

Any luck with audio controls yet? Most frustrating thing about this car...the B&O system that has no controls.
I am currently looking in to FL controls, and more, but am at a dead end with my current tools. I now have a full ODIS licence (official dealership tool) which will enable me to investigate further however I am currently awaiting the needed VAS interface (cable) as they are on back order :(

Reactions: MotorOla
Cars with folding mirrors will have mirror dip as default from the factory. Mirror dip does work. Visual display is a work in progress and should not be a problem to get working. Just need to find the missing adaptation.

Hi Alix,

Have you managed to get the visual parking display working yet on the FL S3?

Cheers
Ste

Hi Alix,

Have you managed to get the visual parking display working yet on the FL S3?

Cheers
Ste
I cannot go in to detail at the moment but... "Have I done it?" Not yet. "Do I know how to do it?" Yes.

What I can say is that this is not going to be possible via VCDS and is not possible via VCP for the moment, and actually might never be.

I cannot go in to detail at the moment but... "Have I done it?" Not yet. "Do I know how to do it?" Yes.

Bizarrely, this, along with front parking sensors, is a function I never ever used when I had it. But now I don't have it, I could actually make use of it every ****** day...

Thanks for all the efforts here Alix - are there any more updates?

Wondering whether it's worth investing in VCDS for my forthcoming FL car but obviously this depends on exactly what I can do with it :)

I've searched but I've come to a dead end. Traffic Jam Assist isn't enabled here in Oz on MY17 but is on MY18 but pretty sure I have all the hardware in my MY17 so is this possible to enable with VCDS? Also the dynamic indicators, I guess if you don't have matrix it's not possible to simply code? Is there a separate module for this function that only the matrix headlights have?

I've searched but I've come to a dead end. Traffic Jam Assist isn't enabled here in Oz on MY17 but is on MY18 but pretty sure I have all the hardware in my MY17 so is this possible to enable with VCDS? Also the dynamic indicators, I guess if you don't have matrix it's not possible to simply code? Is there a separate module for this function that only the matrix headlights have?

Verdict still out on the TJA. All 8V's have the hardware.. No one has been able to crack the software at least with VCDS.

As for the front headlamps, yes the Matrix lamps are physically different and require both to be installed along with a slew of other equipment / coding changes for sweeping front turn signal indicators. If you did not order Matrix than there is no cheap solution via aftermarket.

Reactions: larsmate
Verdict still out on the TJA. All 8V's have the hardware.. No one has been able to crack the software at least with VCDS.

As for the front headlamps, yes the Matrix lamps are physically different and require both to be installed along with a slew of other equipment / coding changes for sweeping front turn signal indicators. If you did not order Matrix than there is no cheap solution via aftermarket.
Thanks MartitiMat thought as much with the indicators. Maybe I could facilitate a scan comparison between your UK delivered FL's and our our Oz delivered MY17 in regards to TJA?

Thanks MartitiMat thought as much with the indicators. Maybe I could facilitate a scan comparison between your UK delivered FL's and our our Oz delivered MY17 in regards to TJA?

Wish I could support you here on this but I am in North America where we have neither feature... Wish was the same who was also at top of parliament here...

Did not have much time to test with the new car, was ill and then hopped a flight for an xmas holiday.

The following has been tested and works without issue on the car in my signature:
  • Beep on lock
  • Beep on unlock
  • Tone on lock mmi menu
  • Needle sweep (virtual cockpit)
  • Lap timer (virtual cockpit)
  • Video In Motion (MMI4G Plus v2 - via VCP Vim Manager)
  • MMI Menu Speed Restrictions removal (via VCP Vim Manager)
  • Visual comfort closing
  • DRL control via external lighting mmi menu
  • Wiper change position mmi menu
  • Motorway turn signals 5
  • Seatbelt warning off (VCDS and Carista)
  • Coming Home Lights Timer to 60sec
  • Leaving Home Lights Timer to 60sec
Not working on the car in my signature:
  • Driving School MMI Display
  • CH/LH Lights via DRL only
All tested via the normal PFL methods, reference the PDF in my signature. Am working offline on further Codings. Will update when I know more.
I was looking for a thread that is dedicated to coding mods on the FL 8V and this I think is it. Sorry for digging it up if there is a later one that exists somewhere. @DJAlix you mention referencing a PDF in your signature. Is this still available?

Reactions: Vertigo1
I was looking for a thread that is dedicated to coding mods on the FL 8V and this I think is it. Sorry for digging it up if there is a later one that exists somewhere. @DJAlix you mention referencing a PDF in your signature. Is this still available?

Yeah I'd love a concise list of what can be done on the FL. Contemplating buying a VCDS cable but want to work out what I can do with it to see if it's worth it.

Yeah I'd love a concise list of what can be done on the FL. Contemplating buying a VCDS cable but want to work out what I can do with it to see if it's worth it.

Why not OBDeleven? That dongle is for sure worth the money.

Never heard of it tbh, how does it compare?

Try to take a look at this thread: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/obd-eleven.285136/
I'm not sure if I'm confident using the one-click functions. These can however be done through longcoding which is pretty easy if you just take it step by step and follow the guidelines on OBDelevens forum.

I'm doing my own small document with coding I need to test: https://tinyurl.com/ycypt8oc
Since I haven't even picked up my car yet the functions are not tested but I have done a lot of coding using E-Sys on my BMW so I'm very confident with using OBDeleven on the S3.

Are there any updates regarding the FL coding? I really want to buy a cable, but I don't know if it's worth it.

Might be the wrong place to ask... Don't suppose anyone near cambridge or Huntingdon area that could code my exhaust flaps open? I have a 2018 S3 8V FL... Would buy you a case of beer of your choice :)

I assume it has no negative effect on the car in anyway! My car is APR stage 1, assume it wouldnt interfere with that either!

Might be the wrong place to ask... Don't suppose anyone near cambridge or Huntingdon area that could code my exhaust flaps open? I have a 2018 S3 8V FL... Would buy you a case of beer of your choice :)

I assume it has no negative effect on the car in anyway! My car is APR stage 1, assume it wouldnt interfere with that either!

Reactions: Djs3saloon