Is there a clear coat on Imola Yellow 8P S3?

One Spoke

Reaction score
Hi folks. I bought a used S3 last October and it had a couple of stone chips where you could see the white primer. Last weekend (when it was finally warm enough !!!) I touched up the chips with Audi touch up paint. However, I only used the colour coat. The twin pack from Audi also contains a tin of laquer/clear coat. I'd always thought only metallics/pearls had a laquer coat on top, and that flat colours did not?

So my question is, does my Imola yellow 8P S3 have a laquer/clear coat on top of the colour coat?

Also, any suggestions for the best way to remove the stubborn bits of brake dust from my alloys - product and method?

Thanks in advance for your help guys!

Also, any suggestions for the best way to remove the stubborn bits of brake dust from my alloys - product and method?

Thanks in advance for your help guys!

You could try a clay bar with some lube, some polish with a MF cloth or get hold of some ValetPro Bilberry which is what I now use.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=499

Wonder Wheels would definitely shift the dust but it's really acidic and for that reason I no longer use it!

Thanks for the wheel advice. It really annoys me that even though I clean them regularly you always get a few stubborn spots!

One Spoke said:
Thanks for the wheel advice. It really annoys me that even though I clean them regularly you always get a few stubborn spots!

The issue here is protection. My advice is to take the wheels off and clean/polish/protect them once properly and this will aid the cleaning process each time after.

Wash them, dry, clay as above, polish and seal with something like poorboys wheel seal. This will allow you to wash them perfectly well with no more than warm soapy water.

Thanks for your responses. So much to learn, so little time !!!!