Is The Standard Exhaust Welded Or Clamped?

Reaction score
Is the Standard B8 A4/S4 welded on or clamped?
just wondering how easy to fit myself is all.. and if i wanted to refit the standard back on etc

Cheers

p.s. yes i am being lazy as sat in my office and its raining outside, so cant really go to look under the car!

Eh?
I'm sure without going looking under my car that every section is clamped for replacing/removal!
Only way it wouldn't be is with a custom exhaust ...

Actually I'm not so sure about that - pretty sure VW exhausts are one piece so would imagine Audi are the same. I had to replace a flexi section in the middle of the exhaust for my S3 and Audi wanted the best part of 2k to supply and fit a whole new exhaust from manifold back.

£70 at a local exhaust centre who cut and welded the new part in...

From factory they can be one piece, but you can sections and the clamps from Audi.

Just fitted a Milltek to my S4 today , the rear and centre sections were one piece then clamped onto front pipes ... and jeezo that rear section was damn heavy lol

Useful to know cheers. Would I get the standard back section into my car? Want to keep the standard when I swap to the stasis

Useful to know cheers. Would I get the standard back section into my car? Want to keep the standard when I swap to the stasis
No mate , you would need to cut it to get it in your car then use a sleeve if refitting . I did mine at work so just storing mine there.

Ok cheers. Won't be easy to sneak into the garage then! Guess I will have to come clean to the Mrs... A little present should do the trick