Is the S3 front grill badge a straight swop for the s-line badge?

crypric23

Never satisfied
Reaction score
I am just about to put the S3 front bumper and grill on my 2008 , when i take of the S3 grill badge , will my s-line grill badge just pop in it's place ?

I believe the s-line badge wont fit mate. I know NHN (Nigel) done a little bit of modding to the badge so it fit and look the part. May be worth PM him for advice

Anyone got some photos of the grill without the badge on? Just to see what's underneath.

I just took two quick photos of my optic S3 grill. Excuse the dust its been laying around for good 6 months i should really put it on the car haha.
DSC00735.jpg

DSC00736.jpg

Any suggestions ?

Well did you talk to Nigel after? I also know Sem did some thing to put it on a facelift S3 grill.

Thanks guys i have sent Nigel and seb a message, will wait and see ,Cheers again

N8KOW is the man to ask. He has an S3 grill with an S-Line badge.

Thanks for that , am i right in thinking that the s-line badge will need glueing then , into where the S3 badge was ?

So, Finally i think i am right in that once you remove the S3 chrome badge it leaves a small bracket that was holding it , then i have to glue the whole s-line badge along with its clips in the empty space. sounds to me that it will be a badge stuck on top of the old S3 clip, Sticking out a bit rather then fitting in flush, Hard to put in words !
Or do you pop out the s-line chrome badge from it clip holder and stick that on the S3 clip holder, if that makes any sense at all !

NHN removed the S and the 3 off of the backing leaving the flat clip still in the grill. He then removed the clip from the back of a s-line badge and stuck it onto the S3 clip.

Thats what I did with mine too. Just use a stanley knife blade to cut off the excess plastic and glue together with a strong water resistant glue