Is the occasional misfire normal

DrEvil

Reaction score
I'm guessing that you shouldn't really get any misfires, but I've done some logging recently and have found that I get the occasional misfire on cylinders 1-3, never when the car is under heavy load, but sometimes immediately after a WOT run, or when cruising to a stop, idling etc.

When I say very occasional, I mean on a 15 min run which included warming up from cold and 2 WOT runs, had about 10-20 secs on each of cylinders 1-3 at different times registering in the misfire count. They only did it each once (although cylinder 2 read 1 for about 10 secs and then 2 for about 10 secs).

Also, swapped over the plugs to new ones and no real change. Cylinders 1 and 2 seems to have quite a bit of what looks like dried water marks, and the tops of the old plugs were a bit corroded.

I would probably look at a injector maybe or I would say possibly a coil pack but usually they will flag up a warning. But as a trial and error you could number them and swop them and see if you getting the opposite effect.ie if 1 and 3 are swop with 2 and 4 and see what happens.

Cheers Giosabcsl, I'll try swapping the coil packs around at the weekend and see what happens. As an aside, to answer one of my own questions, it does appear that a bit if water/water marks down the side of coil packs is a frequent occurrence.