1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the Audi A2 petrol throttle drive by wire or cable? (Advice for engine swap)

Farmer Broad Mar 3, 2016

1. Farmer Broad

Farmer Broad Ruining cars since 03.

Hi all,

Sorry to bother you all with this question, as per the title, but I am having real trouble in finding much technical information on the A2 and I am not the type of person to view a car that I do not want to find my answers and waste peoples time.

Basically I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the petrol A2 uses a drive by wire or cable throttle? I haven't found the right car to buy yet (a cheap, black non running 1.4 or 1.6 petrol if anyone knows of one that's down South!) but I already have an A3 donor car that is running an AGU cable throttle engine.

I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to change either the donor engines throttle body to a drive by wire system or the pedal of an A2 to cable (in fact that is what I'm having to do in my A4-B5 engine swap too) but if anyone on here can say to me that a particular model year or engine code of A2 uses a cable throttle that would be of great help!

Thanks so much for reading this,
    Martyn.

2. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member Supporter Team Cornflower Blue Team Daytona Gold Supporter Team Sahara Silver Audi RS3 Audi TT Audi A1

A2 petrol and diesel are electronic with throttle position sensors, etc

3. Farmer Broad

Farmer Broad Ruining cars since 03.

Brilliant, I had a feeling that would be the case. Thank you for the information!

45bvtc likes this.