Facelift Is the 2017 Audi S3 finally better than the VW Golf R?

I always thought the S3 was better even before the facelift !

Reactions: SeoTFSI and CROCOP
The article has an error, the haldex does not send 100% power to the rear wheels but if you set the quattro in dynamic on the individual set up mode or just dynamic for all modes, it does improve the oomph to the rear wheels and removes some of the FWD bias. I looked at the R but settled for the S3...better finish overall

Reactions: Lehn and SeoTFSI
I'm not sure how it's even controversial that the S3 might be better.

The R is marginally more fun when you're risking your life, but is inferior in every other aspect.

I'm not sure how it's even controversial that the S3 might be better.

The R is marginally more fun when you're risking your life, but is inferior in every other aspect.

Have you risked you life in an R....I have had a few near death experiences in my S3 and I walked away.....great tyres also help A LOT !

Have you risked you life in an R....I have had a few near death experiences in my S3 and I walked away.....great tyres also help A LOT !

Nope, I live in London. I'm lucky if I get can get to 30mph before having to slam on the brakes.

Reactions: oli356 and ACWKGYTO
If you've nearly risked your life in an S3 you are either

1) An incompetently bad driver
or
2) Driving too fast for the road conditions.

If you've nearly risked your life in an S3 you are either

1) An incompetently bad driver
or
2) Driving too fast for the road conditions.

I was pushing things a bit too far, but I didnt crash so dont worry

Reactions: Jassyo06
Oh no not another S3 v Golf R thread interspersed with the inevitable its ok to drive an S3 at it limits on public road debate

I have got my finger on the delete/lock thread button!!!!!!!

For the record my view.........anyone who drives an S3 to the limit or close to it on a public road should have a serious rethink

Oh no not another S3 v Golf R thread interspersed with the inevitable its ok to drive an S3 at it limits on public road debate

I have got my finger on the delete/lock thread button!!!!!!!

For the record my view.........anyone who drives an S3 to the limit or close to it on a public road should have a serious rethink

CLOSE THE THREAD !!!!

Reactions: Glasgoe Joe