Is Tech Pack worth it?

Jwhalley96

Reaction score
So I'm thinking about changing my order on my 17 Audi S3, Currently I don't have the Tech Pack as an option on the car but if I was to add it on I would obviously pay the extra and get Virtual Cockpit aswell?
What else comes with the Tech Pack?
Is it worth it?
Will I regret not getting the Tech Pack?

Current Spec is : Audi S3 3Dr S-Tronic, Ara Blue, Super Sport Seats, Pan Roof, B&O and Rear Sensors.

I think I am able to change my order still as annoyingly my car still hasn't moved onto the Order Recieved part of YourAudi, even I placed my order on 02/01/2017!!!!

On the PFL i think it's a must to get the bigger higher res screen.

On the new on, since all models get the bigger high res screen, it's practically pointless unless you want the VC.

Reactions: RSS-S3
Is tech pack worth it? Hell no. Waste of money.

Did I spec it anyway? Yes. :whistle2:

The only good thing about it is VC and Dolby 5:1 surround sound with b and o. Which makes a big difference.

Reactions: pburv and Audi Bairn
I got TP Advanced mainly for the virtual cockpit.
But it also adds Nav Plus / MMI Touch, Audi Connect for 3 yrs, Wireless Phone Charging.
Not all of this was a must have for me though.

Reactions: pburv
I didnt go for it on my FL S3 .... I couldn't justify it just for the VC.....

My s3 is fairly plain .... but thats fine for me :D

Reactions: pburv, S32B, TDI-line and 1 other person
Good call on the panroof. Was lucky to get my car last year which had tech pack too.

Have to say I've had loads of enjoyment having the pan roof. I've not seen many 8v's with this option. Def stands out and looks the nuts too ;)

Reactions: Jwhalley96
Is tech pack worth it? Hell no. Waste of money.

Did I spec it anyway? Yes. :whistle2:

The only good thing about it is VC and Dolby 5:1 surround sound with b and o. Which makes a big difference.

You'll only get 5.1 surround on encoded material..........which is rare as Hens Teeth with music.....DVD.....Yip

So I'm thinking about changing my order on my 17 Audi S3, Currently I don't have the Tech Pack as an option on the car but if I was to add it on I would obviously pay the extra and get Virtual Cockpit aswell?
What else comes with the Tech Pack?
Is it worth it?
Will I regret not getting the Tech Pack?

Current Spec is : Audi S3 3Dr S-Tronic, Ara Blue, Super Sport Seats, Pan Roof, B&O and Rear Sensors.

I think I am able to change my order still as annoyingly my car still hasn't moved onto the Order Recieved part of YourAudi, even I placed my order on 02/01/2017!!!!

No its NOT worth a extra £25 on to yer Monthly payment,since all facelift cars now have the Larger Screen.....,the only benefits are a more user friendly sat nav, with more bells and whistles....like a DVD player....which in itself is Prehistoric and cant Blu ray discs,plus the screen hasnt got the resolution to play them anyways.....no waste of money on the facelift

Reactions: pburv and RSS-S3
No its NOT worth a extra £25 on to yer Monthly payment,since all facelift cars now have the Larger Screen.....,the only benefits are a more user friendly sat nav, with more bells and whistles....like a DVD player....which in itself is Prehistoric and cant Blu ray discs,plus the screen hasnt got the resolution to play them anyways.....no waste of money on the facelift
Agree, the standard pack is fine, really don't need wireless charging, can't see MMI touch feature being used, only thing I'd want is the virtual cockpit and I'm not paying £1400 for it.

Reactions: pburv, DrEskimo and Jassyo06
Hi sorry for jumping on this thread but i've just bought a 2028 Audi A3 which has the VC, i pick it up on thursdsay. Does that mean it comes with the tech pack then? As the wireless charging isn't mentioned anywhere in the add. Thanks

Hi sorry for jumping on this thread but i've just bought a 2028 Audi A3 which has the VC, i pick it up on thursdsay. Does that mean it comes with the tech pack then? As the wireless charging isn't mentioned anywhere in the add. Thanks
Travelling in to the future?

No, VC is available with and without Technology Pack.

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06, S32B and 2 others
Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
Whoops my bad lol thanks guys, looks like it just has the VC then, shame!

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and Audi Bairn
images

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
It all depends on how you define “finished” haha!
It’s certainly occupied and the outside is presentable yes.

You got a SUV....WTF.....Stone The Frickin Crows.....***....lol

Reactions: Audi Bairn, pburv and Flying Scotsman
You got a SUV....WTF.....Stone The Frickin Crows.....***....lol
:tearsofjoy: Keep up buddy! I’ve had it a month haha. It’s really a super car disguised as an SUV lol

Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv