Sportback Is stage 2 worth it?

Reaction score
Iv a prefacelift tuned stage one by Rick at unicorn, just secondary decat and intake pipe, running 420 and 450ft/lb

Is it worth the money to buy Down pipe and intercooler for the noticeable gains you get back?
I will most likely never track the car.
I know these suffer with out an intercooler once hot.

I revive this thread as I have the same question to all the members that have gone the same route

I am running stage 1 at the moment (only software) on a 2018 DAZA.
Best Dragy I got is 3,54 0-100kph and 11,42 quarter mile.

Happy with the car, but have thoughts about going stage 2- question is, is it worth it?
Planning to go Unitronic stage 2 which is about 6000 quid with the required hardware. So a hefty amount of money.

If I was going stage 2 I would go Mrc. I think the quote I got was around £4k

For me it wasn't worth the extra power for the money over stage 1

If you are on Unitronic now, you could try an e85 tune? I assume form your kph you are in Europe and thus may have it available at the pumps? From what I've seen the stage 1 Unitronic on E85 is about equal with most Stage 2 tunes on 99RON. With either you should see high 10s@125++MPH and around 3 seconds 0-60MPH on a clean run with some decent traction.

If all you are after in a time slip the corn juice will get you there. Stage 2 for me was worth it only because e85 is a bit of a faff and expensive in the UK, and all I wanted was a consistent 10 second street car without weight reduction. MRC or Unitronic Stage 2 will definitely get you there.

Reactions: Evolution_Roy
If you are on Unitronic now, you could try an e85 tune? I assume form your kph you are in Europe and thus may have it available at the pumps? From what I've seen the stage 1 Unitronic on E85 is about equal with most Stage 2 tunes on 99RON. With either you should see high 10s@125++MPH and around 3 seconds 0-60MPH on a clean run with some decent traction.

If all you are after in a time slip the corn juice will get you there. Stage 2 for me was worth it only because e85 is a bit of a faff and expensive in the UK, and all I wanted was a consistent 10 second street car without weight reduction. MRC or Unitronic Stage 2 will definitely get you there.
I am not on Unitronic now, on a stage 1 from someone else, with no hardware mods. I am actually from Sweden where E85 is very popular and cheap So I think you make a valid point. Since the Unitronic stage 1+ on E85 does not require a down-pipe (which is about half of the cost of the stage 2) I think I will try first the Stage 1+ on E85 and see how it is....

Reactions: ArrEssDrei
I am not on Unitronic now, on a stage 1 from someone else, with no hardware mods. I am actually from Sweden where E85 is very popular and cheap So I think you make a valid point. Since the Unitronic stage 1+ on E85 does not require a down-pipe (which is about half of the cost of the stage 2) I think I will try first the Stage 1+ on E85 and see how it is....
They Stage 1+ E85 rocks many happy users if you are after more power this is the way to go, if you want more power and more noise then stage 2 is the route I would go. and if you are feeling really brave.. Stage 2 E85 will have you down in the mid 10's 100-200

Reactions: Evolution_Roy and ArrEssDrei