Is russell brand a **** or what?

I think he's well funny.

That was a bit of an odd stunt though. Probably had to be there....

Yep agree with Lottie Grade A ****!!!

He should get done for it, simple as that, wasting police time and making a hoax call...just coz he is famous, why should he be let off??!!

****!!!

Agreed he's a tw*t, how many people now think its acceptable or funny to make hoax calls, just because he is "famous" - I hope he gets stuck on for it! :eiertritt:

Stupid stunt aside, he's a ****** funny standup. I doubt the police wasted any more time than the duration of the call TBH, as they get this sort of thing all the time and it was obvious it was a prank when he started singing at the end.
Are you all really that thick? Don't think the call centre would have hung up on a genuine caller! Don't you realise it's actually a good thing? This prank has got the case back in the news and in peoples faces so hopefully some real leads will result.

I don't really find him funny!

Jimmy Carr is funny, Mitchell and Webb are funny, Russell Brand is just an ex-heroin ****.
Pity he didn't stay on the brown and just die.
Its not just this stunt I don't like, I don't like him full stop, and this just brings the phallus to my attention again.

Bill Bailey is funny
Jack Dee is funny
Jimmy Carr is just an obnoxious wannabee playing a pretty unlikelable character who's occasionally funny.
Who would you rather have a beer with?

Bill Bailey is awesome.

And Lee evans. :happy:

I doubt the police wasted any more time than the duration of the call TBH, as they get this sort of thing all the time and it was obvious it was a prank when he started singing at the end.
Are you all really that thick? Don't think the call centre would have hung up on a genuine caller!

No I am not that thick thankyou. Do you realise like most government agencies how short staffed most Police control rooms are? Sure they may not have "wasted much time" on the actual call - 3 minutes did I read? But in that 3 minutes other "Genuine" calls were unable to be dealt with by that call handler. So if someone was getting a kicking, or a break in progress with offenders still at scene had come in they would not have been dealt with as soon as they could have been potentially if Brand was tying up a phone line. Strangely not so funny now lives could have been put at risk .....

"But in that 3 minutes other "Genuine" calls were unable to be dealt with by that call handler" and so would have been dealt with by a different call handler, what a tragedy!
Have a look at some of the 999 calls made by the good old general public - people phoning emergency lines because they can't find Homebase, or want to know todays date! Over 50% of 999 calss are hoaxes or just plain stupid, so I doubt Mr Brands 3 minutes really put lives at risk. Stop being so ****** dramatic!

I think you missed my point ...

Do you realise like most government agencies how short staffed most Police control rooms are? Sure they may not have "wasted much time" on the actual call - 3 minutes did I read? But in that 3 minutes other "Genuine" calls were unable to be dealt with by that call handler.

"But in that 3 minutes other "Genuine" calls were unable to be dealt with by that call handler" and so would have been dealt with by a different call handler, what a tragedy!

Not at all, but you clearly missed mine.
"Over 50% of 999 calls hoaxes or just plain stupid" so if indeed there someone had to hang on the phone for an additional 3 minutes due to operator overload (which is almost definately not the case), then there's a 50% chance it was another ridiculous/hoax call anyway, so big deal.
I'm not condoning his behaviour, I'm condemming the total over-reaction to it by the press and people on here. He made a mistake, he's apologised, get over it.
As to "why should he get away with it just because he's famous" argument - well for one if he wasn't famous we wouldn't even know about it, and two, do you think the mindboggling stupidity of the woman trying to find homebase was punished with a jailterm?
Seems we should imprison her for our own safety as she clearly should not be behind the wheel of a shopping trolley let alone a car.

"Over 50% of 999 calls hoaxes or just plain stupid"

Then even more reason for him not to have done what he did as the 999 system is already abused so much.

so if indeed there someone had to hang on the phone for an additional 3 minutes due to operator overload (which is almost definately not the case)

I would be interested to know how you know this was "almost definately not the case" ?

I used to assume Brand was a ****, because the press led me to believe it, TBH.
Since getting itunes though, I now look forward to his weekly podcasts.
They are absolutely ****** hilarious.
TBH, I struggle to think why anyone wouldn't think he was funny, as his humour is so intelligent and broad.
Still, people in this country used to laugh at Only Fools and Horses, so what do I know.

"I would be interested to know how you know this was "almost definately not the case" ?"
I'd be interested to know how you know it was?

IT WAS A JOKE!!!!!

Some people on here need to lighten up.....

"I would be interested to know how you know this was "almost definately not the case" ?"
I'd be interested to know how you know it was?

I didn't say it was I don't think ....

Not really going anywhere with this are we :friends:

Joke aside, he dresses like a ****, looks like a **** and sounds like a ****.

he is a class A **** and he needs a ****** hair cut! i see andymacs getting the handbags out again! x x x x

*gets the suitcase*:jester:

Steady on A-head, Chris might delete this thread if too many people disagree with him!

I've seen him live twice now and he's funny as ****, very close to the mark at times, and over it as in this instance, but who cares, not me, we've all done stupid things in our live havn't we?

Ive heard his stand up is funny, havnt seen it myself.. but everywhere else ive seen him he's not funny at all, i think he's a dickhead.

The prank surely cant just get away with an apology, kinda needs to be made an example of so little kids dont think "oh well he did it so why cant i"
It really not that much of a big deal tho, but for someone in the media business should have thought it through a bit better.. could have called a fake call center, and set it up to make it sound like it was real.

Big fan of stand up comedy
Russel Peters one of my favourite comedians, hilarious..
Lottie - lee evans sweats alot but doesnt make him the least bit less funny! Hes hilarious.
Lee mack is brilliant, has that "omg cant believe your joking about that" humour, which i kinda find hilarious.
Maz jobrani, Omid Djallili, Robin williams isnt bad either.. just a few off the top of my head.

But for whatever reason russel brand did this stunt as stupid as it may have been, its worked in one way, because we're all talking about him now, and you know the saying, any publicity is good publicity.

Just dont need to blow it out of proportion, but i do think he needs to be at least fined so people know not to **** around with the emergency call centers.

You can only delete threads you have created Lottie, not other peoples.

Can you imagine the squabbles being able to delete other peoples posts would create?

handbag.gif