Is owning an S-Line a magnet for burglars?

You were lucky it was him that took them and not a genuine thief!

Why you would leave your car keys on display in somewhere like a pub is beyond me :laugh: :confused:

it was a small table surrounded by my close friends and the keys were in front of me but my friend has sly hands, there was no way for anybody to get near the table without any of us noticing seeing we were right in the corner.

i dont leave my keys on display unless they are truly safe

it is contridicting yourself abit by taking your keys upstairs because they will probably come up then you hand em over you might aswell keep em on your table downstairs lol ..... or keep 20 house bricks at the top of the stairs as soon as your alarm goes off run to the top of the stair pick up your brick the first one on thethird step wallop it doesnt matter what theyve got they not gona take a guy on from an elevated leval with 20 bricks hahahahahaha lol

Majority of thieves are opportunists and dont want confrontation (why do you think they operate a night when you are asleep??) Keep your place secure and keys upstairs and most will jog on to an easier target

Yeah in some areas maybe in ours they have just been kicking doors ofF and running in with weapons the scum ...I know this guy with a Subaru he went down stairs for a drink and four guys were stood there in balaclavas with knifes ....lol Jesus imagine that you'd **** your self... The police found the Subaru the week later happened again different guys these were kids and after he confronted them they ran off he has now sold his car he said he couldn't take the not knowing if tonight was gonna be another one of them nights..... Its just not on and frightning, After i got burgled it put the poo up me for weeks but i thought im not letting the shits beet me and got an s-line i just gotta be ready next time ,Its a shame though things get like this they should legalise guns for houses like usa id sleep at night much better....

could always go and buy a dog that should put some people off at least lol

I'm amazed I stay only a few hundred miles from some of you.
Some of these stories are like it's a different planet.
Some of you should move up here, get the property market moving again!

I have lived in the same small close of 20 houses in Cambridgeshire for the last 32 years and no-one has ever had a car stolen. A couple of break-ins to houses but no cars stolen.

Many years ago my wife had a Astra as a company car and it was parked on our drive and one night someone stole the wheel trims. We used to leave an outside light on at the front of the house and when the police came round (must have been a long time ago!) they said "well at least they could see what they were doing"

I'm asking myself the question, is a car worth the stress?
I know I'm lucky, that I can own a decent car in area which is low risk.
But if I had to move to a 'higher risk area', would I be willing to have the stress of owning the same car?
It has to be said, the answer is no.
I'd rather drive something ordinary, but stress free.
When all is said and done, cars simply aren't that important to me, that I'm going to have to live with constant worry to own a particular type.
I really don't know whether to salute or berate anyone who is willing to put up with the stress.

BTW, no argument you should be able to own what you want, where you want.
But the world isn't like that.
Note, the world, not just Britain.

I'm asking myself the question, is a car worth the stress?
I know I'm lucky, that I can own a decent car in area which is low risk.
But if I had to move to a 'higher risk area', would I be willing to have the stress of owning the same car?
It has to be said, the answer is no.
I'd rather drive something ordinary, but stress free.
When all is said and done, cars simply aren't that important to me, that I'm going to have to live with constant worry to own a particular type.
I really don't know whether to salute or berate anyone who is willing to put up with the stress.

BTW, no argument you should be able to own what you want, where you want.
But the world isn't like that.
Note, the world, not just Britain.

Correct, I remember when Leon's (username phantom) was stolen he said it had put him off having a nice car, I'm currently debating this at the moment with regards the car I will replace the S3 with.

Mine was always garaged and I don't actually live in Manchester itself but then again it wasnt stolen from my house.

Get some return to invoice GAP insurance if you are that worried.

some GAP policies dont pay out if the car is stolen by someone having 'access to the key' which includes being car jacked, threatened in your home, keys lifted through letter box etc.

Does every one garage there S line and S3 models or leave them on the drive?

garage my s3 all the time when I'm not out in it,

partly due to my insurance, partly to make life more diffiuclt for potential thieves but mainly to ensure some prize c*** doesnt nick my mirrors then try to sell them back to me on e-bay.