Is my MAF on it's way out? (S3 8P 265)

On Sunday I emailed SC asking for my stage 1 file to be sent over. Stage 2 just feels poor. There are no fault codes, but the power comes in a big lump and tails off too early, leaving you a bit stranded when overtaking.
Today I got a response from them, and to be honest I'm not overly impressed. Yes, my car is 'old' on a 56 plate, but it's been well maintained and has good compression and blow back test results. New PCV, PCV hoses, DV, Plugs and coils, and fresh filters and oil on the day stage 2 was installed, so it's about as good as it can be.
Here is the response:

Is it a high pressure or low pressure fuel regulation fault that is being triggered this time?

At 12 years old there is a chance it might need some work doing on the fuel system if it is struggling to keep up with demand. Stage 2 always was about as far as you could go on the stock high pressure pump when these cars were new but as they have got older we have seen cars throw issues with the low pressure pump as they age, the filters clog up and the lines inside the tank start to perish.

I don't doubt that age will play a part, but when the Stage 1 is giving me 299bhp and Stage 2 is giving me 306bhp but power delivery is very different, I don't think it's down to the HPFP when it delivers power further up the rev range on stage 1.
What are your thoughts?

Great so I did a reading today and my max maf read 216 which is around 270hp. I did this on the stock map. 0-60 in 5.8. Will go back to stage one tomorrow to test again

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
so I did a reading today and my max maf read 216 which equates to around 270hp. I did this on the stock map. 0-100 kph in 5.8. Will go back to stage one tomorrow to test again

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-17-08-04-19.png
    Screenshot_2019-03-17-08-04-19.png
    257.3 KB · Views: 177
With stage 1 installed the max I got was 231.6

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-04-19-17-25-48.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-19-17-25-48.png
    260.9 KB · Views: 188