IS MY CAR REALLY AN S-LINE?

Lewbo

Reaction score
hi guys was just wondering if my car is really an s-line as it has s line badges, s- line steering wheel, s-line kick plates, black roof lining, s-line embroided seats but on my log book it says sport and its a late 2005 tdi model big grill type. i have checked the 3 letter/digit codes in the boot/service history and one of them comes up with s line.

am sure i read somewhere its cos at the time the highest spec was sport and the s line package was an addition to the sport spec but they changed this in 2006. and made them seperate
and am sure you can change this with dvla can you?

cheers

why would you want to?
s-line =lease spec
i see 10,s of s-line A3'S every day very rarely see anything else unless it's a 1.6
surely with them being so readily available the used price will drop?
just a thought
i have a sport by the way which is pretty highly spec ed
the only options i would like on mine are cruise control and xenon's not fussed about rnes
so what has the s-line got standard that mine hasn't? apart from being 10mm lower?
and having s-line badges?

the code thats comes up with s line from the sticker in the service book is E4J and someone clarify who has a sport has this code in there book but doesnt have anything s line on the car thanks

thanks for that info so this really tells me what i thought is that its an s line, as i paid s line money.
can anyone tell me if that can be rectified by dvla if i send it in?
does anyone else have an s line but says sport.

This is easy to clear up!

Up until 2006 there was no "S-line" model at all. The S-line model was introduced in 2006.

2004-2006 cars are all Sports but have the optional S-line package on them. They are therefore Sports on the V5. Its the same for me and lots of others on here. Don't worry about changing the log book!

So could it still be classed as an s line. Even when it comes to selling?

Ok thanks for clearing that Up for me, much appreciated

why would you want to?
s-line =lease spec
i see 10,s of s-line A3'S every day very rarely see anything else unless it's a 1.6
surely with them being so readily available the used price will drop?
just a thought
i have a sport by the way which is pretty highly spec ed
the only options i would like on mine are cruise control and xenon's not fussed about rnes
so what has the s-line got standard that mine hasn't? apart from being 10mm lower?
and having s-line badges?

The S-Line is quite a bit rarer than the SE and Sport A3s which I would say I see plenty of each day.

The S-Lines hold a bit of a premium, they have deeper front and rear bumpers (rear is same as S3 I believe), upgraded interiors, 18" wheels, lower stiffer suspension, probably cruise etc too

blah blah blah
sport with full votex kit much much rarer fella
10mm lower than a sport
upgraded interiors what badges! lol
cruise is a extra fella.
you look on auto trader select A3 after 2006 bet there's more s-lines than not especially diesels
because the are a favorit lease car

I think the S line is worth having for the Black headlining alone!

All other A3's with the beige roof just feel grandad spec, especially with beige leather.

But it all depends on the options, the base cars spec is irrelevant, I have seen sports with full leather, cruise, nav, sunroof, Xenons. My S line has none of that and as we all know, the Audi options list is so long its very rare to get 2 cars the same.

Last edited:
:noway:
you did some homework to get a bite:icon_thumright:
love my interior plus beige seats don't get red hot in sun:yes:

dam i knew i had forgotten something!
normally mentos at minute

mines an 2005 55 tdi s-line, says s-line on the V5. id be getting it authenticated if i were you!
did you buy it from a dealer?
if it wasnt genuine it would be sitting too high unless the changed the sus too.