Is my car going to be badged "45 TFSI" when it arrives?

MAS100

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before - anyone know when new badging will be used in UK? Will my new Audi due this month show 45 TFSI on the tailgate?

Good point, mine is due May / June so I guess it misses this change

Knew nothing about this. Think mines due before the change but have selected the engine technology badge delete anyhow.

I did look at Google but saw this review and obviously some A4 Avants are already getting the new badges?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180309-182046.png
    Screenshot_20180309-182046.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 304
Seems an odd thing to do. Was just thinking the other day how confusing BMW nomenclature had become. Must be a German thing.

Finally a valid reason for badge deletion! Can you imagine how many times you'd be asked "What does 45 mean?"

I did look at Google but saw this review and obviously some A4 Avants are already getting the new badges?
Because they've had the badges for a while in countries such as india and other asian countries, judging by the people in the background, unless my eyes deceive me.
Awful idea...

For those that can't remember that far back (or choose not to!), this is a Yugo 45;

View attachment 150437
brings back awful memories, had forgotten about these. Anyone remember the early skodas, got to have been the worst ever. Remember a neighbour had one back in the mid seventies, we lived on the coast and it literally fell apart within 2 years due to the salty air. Things have certainly moved on......
For those that can't remember that far back (or choose not to!), this is a Yugo 45;
Skoda 105

I don’t think the UK’s A4 is getting the badges yet. Website and price list still uses engine sizes, whereas new A8 reflects the silly new number system. So we should be safe for a while yet (and possibly till facelift next year).

I can kind of see where they are going as the Tesla is denoted by the size of the battery in Kwh . But to come up with a range of numbers that doesn't encompass the full car range seems silly. There are big holes in there. Are they going to round up or down cars that are in the middle of two ranges.

I guess with electrification comes the need for a new naming convention.

Speaking of which, and seeing how we’ve been discussing tuning boxes on another thread, I wonder what options there will be to tune the electric cars of tomorrow?

Not sure but electric mountain bikes are already being hacked by their owners !

Badge deletion is a new trend and follow the typical cars driven in Germany! I think TFSI (Quattro) badge is enough, you can always distinguish the lines by their exhaust pipes...

Badge deletion has been around for a long time though !

Reactions: Genji
Badge deletion is a new trend and follow the typical cars driven in Germany! I think TFSI (Quattro) badge is enough, you can always distinguish the lines by their exhaust pipes...
And trim line by the bottom of the front bumper... :)