Is it worth purchasing a warranty?

G

_G_

Warranty direct have quoted me £450 for the year

how easy is it to make a claim on these comprehensive warranties?

anyone had any trouble with certain items being excluded?

no!
dont do it!
i was going to until i read the reviews!
if your a good saver, save the monthly payment instead!

I extended my warranty with Audi after the original one ran out, cost slightly more than an after market warranty. So far I have had the oil cooler and coolant replaced, oil level sensor and wiring and the dual mass flywheel, cost me £250 excess for nearly £2k worth of work.
Even factoring in the cost of the warranty I have still saved over a grand.

Worth it in my opinion.

I can only speak for after market warranties, but in my experience they're a total waste of money. They only cover parts which are unlikely to fail and, even if you have a failure that is covered, they'll argue until blue in the face that it must've been a pre-existing fault and therefore isn't covered anyway. Either that or they'll wriggle out of it by saying you haven't met your obligations (which are along the lines of 'the car must be serviced every 10 days or 10 miles, whichever is the sooner').

As said above, you're better off putting a bit aside each month than giving any money to the shysters who provide these after market 'warranties'.

Danny, that's why I went with the Audi warranty rather than an aftermarket one. If you go the website and see what it does cover you will be quite surprised.
Also, as I went with monthly payments I don't have the 100,000 mile / 5yr restriction, it just keeps going until I cancel it. £42.00 a month in case you are curious. (£504.00 a year).
I am in my second year of it now and have still made a saving over what the works I had done would have cost.

Warranty Direct have just paid out for a new fly wheel kit for me.

I have top end cover @ £300 a year.

Warranty Direct have just paid out for a new fly wheel kit for me.

I have top end cover @ £300 a year.

@AridenUK - Got few problems with Audi 1.9 tdi (38k miles) as it Judders on idle and clutch giving a knock as well. I am with Warranty Direct and having top end cover...

Spoken to Audi this afternoon and obviously they will charge me a diagnosis fee of £126 incl VAT and take it forward from there. According to warranty direct they will only pay diagnosis fee if it is a valid claim. Bit confused.

How it will work? Thought to ask you as you were in the same boat.

@AridenUK - Got few problems with Audi 1.9 tdi (38k miles) as it Judders on idle and clutch giving a knock as well. I am with Warranty Direct and having top end cover...

Spoken to Audi this afternoon and obviously they will charge me a diagnosis fee of £126 incl VAT and take it forward from there. According to warranty direct they will only pay diagnosis fee if it is a valid claim. Bit confused.

How it will work? Thought to ask you as you were in the same boat.

All i have done with mine is take the car to the garage, explain to my mate that the flywheel is knocking, he agreed so he got in touch with the warranty company and explained the fault they told him to strip the gear box down and send photos of the flywheel and the gear box out of the car (this is to prevent fraudulent claims), once they had the photos he was authorised to continue.

Audi quoted £1350 for (diagnostic cost + labour + flywheel + clutch kit), warranty direct only paying £900 ish toward the claim, saying we will not cover clutch kit as the damage to kit was done because of uninsured part.... Not very happy as 300 going from my pocket... Warranty direct not ready to listen anything... It was top cover with all the xtras...

All i have done with mine is take the car to the garage, explain to my mate that the flywheel is knocking, he agreed so he got in touch with the warranty company and explained the fault they told him to strip the gear box down and send photos of the flywheel and the gear box out of the car (this is to prevent fraudulent claims), once they had the photos he was authorised to continue.

Mate got the car back with new flywheel and clutch kit... There is no car judder but there is still vibration on the clutch pedal as before.. I can still feel continuous knocking when resting foot on clutch pedal... Is it same at ur end?

Not happy with audi.. Few bits missing - plastic cover underneath car... Car going back 2mrw...