Is it worth it??

mini-si

Reaction score
Getting a v4 rentless manifold soon. Being impatient I want to fit the manifold before I get the hybrid turbo around April time next year.
Firstly would I notice much difference in performance with just the v4 manifold on standard ( well I have all stage 2 hard ware and mapped)
Second is it a pig of a job? Like head off? If so I'll just wait.

First off I know of a thread that boasts that the v4 can be fitted with the head in situ, but unable to find so called thread.

Secondly I doubt you would make more power just by fitting it as the ecu adjusts to keep things in line (dbw that is), the engine will just breath better and make the power easier I would think.

Turdley your being impatient, id wait and do it all in one go, but if your doing it yourself and have the minerals to do the job properly then crack on lol.

Hope that helps ;)

(Disclaimer: None of what I have said may bear any resemblance to the truth)

love the disclaimer!! hahaha
funny enough im in the same boat!!
have the manifold and sorting downpipe soon but need to decide if to go hybrid now or later.
if you are defo going hybrid then wait
its a no brainer!!

patient it is then. just going to change my weak actuator for now, im hoping that will give me a little of the lost power until hybrid time. Roll on april, then hello badger5 = money pit!!:laugh: haha . cant wait

Yep. Seems that way. It made 267bhp at badger5 back in 2011 before I owned it. With only miltek car back. I have since fitted toyo sport FMIC, relentless 3" downpipe abs decat. Badger5 tip V1 ( am ordering either v2.2 or v3 tonight along with phenolic spacer) and a induction. With custom stage 2 map at r-tech. She made 252bhp and 302ft lb torque. Nick at r-tech said I had a weak actuator. But advised to swop n75. Changed n75 no difference. So next on list is actuator me thinks.

Thats good power for just a cat back exh and remap, must of been a cold day lol but yeh I would suspect a weak actuator, but never rule out boost and vac leaks.

No leaks at all mate. She had a full health check and smoke/leak test before any mapping. So all good there. Nick said the actuator was just getting to a certain point every time and just giving up.