Is it worth getting the DIS??

willie

Reaction score
Am going to order A4 Avant S-line this weekend and have already gone past intended budget with options I want to add. Am now questioning whether I should add DIS as well. What additional features does it add?? and are they worth having?? If not chosen can I still see outside temperature etc???

Thanks

Hi, it will give you ave mpg, ave speed, miles left in the tank etc. I would have liked it myself but you do get the outside temp with out it. Save the cash!!!

What else have you ordered?

Symphony
Armrest &
Lux pack - although we are having to upgrade leather to Valcona due the other half wanting all black seats - the S-line has grey inserts

Wasn't sure what advantages DIS would have iro the auto check control etc - would it pick up problems with the car that wouldn't be apparant without DIS

Nah bulb warnings thats about it, people will probably expect a new A4 to have it tho, how much does it cost?

£235 for DIS, £335 if you want it in colour!!
Another concern was that if I wanted to retrofit bluetooth etc, DIS would be needed and I don't suppose it can be retrofitted???????

I would get it at £235 - sack the colour, who cares. Would imagine that the Dis would be near as makes it impossible to retrofit as it will be linked to the ecu.

It's worth it imho. Getting it in colour isn't.

i drive an 8l A3 1.8T sport, and i have the DIS, my mum has a 1.9tdi A3 8l without it, and quite frankly, after driving mine, driving hers without the DIS is damned annoying..... i find miles remaining and av mpg very handy to have!

i wouldnt get another audi without one, really surprised its not standard on new A4's

You get miles remaining and outside temperature as standard without having DIS.

MPG would be handy but it's so inaccurate I just work out the mpg when I fill up. With DIS you also get bulb warnings and I think some other stuff like windscreen washer warnings. I ordered it on mine but it should really be standard

If you think you might want to do an RNS-E retrofit - get the Symphony II (it's double DIN so it makes it much easier and cheaper to do the upgrade) and the colour DIS (the red DIS on the B6/B7 A4 has a SW bug that means you have to turn the RNS-E off/on to get the instructions to appear on the DIS).

Thankyou all for your posts. Ordered car today and DIS didn't get a tick - I don't think It was really neccesary and other things seemed more important.