IS it worth Fixing up ?

justin_tat

Reaction score
HI ,

I have got a Audi A4 B6 (2003) and I am in a bit of a dilemma …Do I fix up my old B6 or get a new / second hand car ? The car has just done 150k ..

I have just jotted a few things down and would really like some feedback as its doing my head in . I really like my Audi but feels its getting a little old now. It needs the following looking at

Out side

Both front wings have rust on the arches .

The roof has some paint bubbling towards the back side pillars

The Front bumper could do with a lick of paint

Front fog light has cracked

Air con is not working – have had it re-gassed but stopped working after a few days

Passenger Front window regulator need changing as window will not work .

Water pump sensor needs changing as not displaying correct temp in car and moves up to 90 then back down to 0

When you pull off in 1st gear you get a slight vibration .. I have asked and this is the DMF .. both clutch and DMF need changing .

Has a light oil leak .

MOT runs out in a month .

Would you get this repaired ? I know somethings you don’t have to do ( front wings and roof , fog light )

I have just totted up a few things ..

Clutch and DMF – a garage will do this for £550

Air Con – God knows .. could be a O ring or anything so £10 – 100’s

The cost of paying someone to do all that, plus what you could get for your car with a fresh MOT, would probably get you a much nicer A4.

What I'd recommend:
- Get a years ticket
- Bide your time and wait for a really nice one to come up
- Get an inspection done to make sure your not just buying someone else's problems
- Buy it
- Flog yours.

What I'd actually do:
- Forget about the MOT util the last minute, so I desperately need a car because it won't pass
- Buy the worst one I can possibly find for far too much money
- Cry in the corner

Reactions: QuattroCalum and Northampton_ofn
They are prone to the compressors going down on the air con - new unit very expensive, recon units tend to be chit so if its that id hope for the best and go 2nd hand comp' off ebay and brand new genuine drier.
Can get window regulator off ebay.
Temp sensor for coolant common, best to get new genuine one - cheap easy DIY fix.
The clutch and DMF is the killer bill here £££.
Forget all the cosmetic stuff - money down the drain on a car of this age / mileage.

Id personally put it in for MOT and see what it needs - if its a long shopping list id just break it on Ebay.

HI ,

I have got a Audi A4 B6 (2003) and I am in a bit of a dilemma …Do I fix up my old B6 or get a new / second hand car ? The car has just done 150k ..

I have just jotted a few things down and would really like some feedback as its doing my head in . I really like my Audi but feels its getting a little old now. It needs the following looking at

Out side

Both front wings have rust on the arches .

The roof has some paint bubbling towards the back side pillars

The Front bumper could do with a lick of paint

Front fog light has cracked

Air con is not working – have had it re-gassed but stopped working after a few days

Passenger Front window regulator need changing as window will not work .

Water pump sensor needs changing as not displaying correct temp in car and moves up to 90 then back down to 0

When you pull off in 1st gear you get a slight vibration .. I have asked and this is the DMF .. both clutch and DMF need changing .

Has a light oil leak .

MOT runs out in a month .

Would you get this repaired ? I know somethings you don’t have to do ( front wings and roof , fog light )

I have just totted up a few things ..

Clutch and DMF – a garage will do this for £550

Air Con – God knows .. could be a O ring or anything so £10 – 100’s

Ah thanks for the comments .. I had a look around some other cars over the weekend .. I do like the shape od the A4 .. so I decided to get a MOT ( booked in this week ) on it .. and then do the Clutch and DMF. Body work can wait and then air con :)

Reactions: Baka