Is it worth fitting an RS7 airbox to an A7 BiTDI?

AndyB40

Reaction score
Is it worth fitting an RS7 airbox to an A7 BiTDI? From what I've read so far, don't expect any power gains? Maybe a bit more induction noise? From what I can see, it's not really worth £150 for that? I welcome input, especially from those who have done that mod. Thanks.

I fitted mine at the same time as doing other mods...the induction sound is lovely and for me well worth the money.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Reactions: AndyB40
Plug and play.

Wagner Intercooler, egr and dpf removal and straight through exhaust system

No, literally plug and play.
Some have drilled holes in the existing air box to try and replicate the effects on the cheap.
I just bought a good used one from Ebay and ill be honest don't think I paid £150. Just save the search on Ebay and one will come up.

Reactions: AndyB40
Yeah, just done that. I tend to be impatient but that's the best plan, might get one cheaper. Cheers.

Reactions: BD55SOL
No, literally plug and play.
Some have drilled holes in the existing air box to try and replicate the effects on the cheap.
I just bought a good used one from Ebay and ill be honest don't think I paid £150. Just save the search on Ebay and one will come up.

Found someone breaking an RS7, got the airbox for £100 :)

Reactions: Eric_RS6, B16STU, RAF_S7 and 1 other person
Any before and after videos of the change to the induction sound?

Any before and after videos of the change to the induction sound?

I didn't bother recording beforehand, should have done that. I haven't had the car long enough to be so used to "its sound" that I could make a good comparison before and after. Since fitting I haven't driven much but when I have I've been pleased with the noise its making but the difference is not night and day, it's subtle but sounds good.

I didn't bother recording beforehand, should have done that. I haven't had the car long enough to be so used to "its sound" that I could make a good comparison before and after. Since fitting I haven't driven much but when I have I've been pleased with the noise its making but the difference is not night and day, it's subtle but sounds good.
Any comparison please ?
whats meant by induction sound ?

Any comparison please ?
whats meant by induction sound ?
Induction sound is when the air sounds like it's being sucked in, often more noticeable when you use a performance air filter, or in this case a modified air box. No comparison video available unfortunately.