Is it time to go electric?

c8c3d292d88d29d080ce8f270a5c75cc.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lost it with my mobile once and went at it with a hammer, the fire that then started was pretty incredible it burt fast and long like a roman candle in that bargain box of fireworks! Given the size of the phone battery compared to what must be in the EV I certainly wouldn't want to be stuck in one after an accident and a coupe would be out of the question....well passengers in the rear would be.

c8c3d292d88d29d080ce8f270a5c75cc.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s quite worrying but how often does this really happen? Every crash or 1 in a million?You could probably find a similar thing with petrol cars burning out of control after an accident.
not saying either is better or worse. They are all flawed in some way.
on one hand you are driving about in a petrol car with 50-100 litres of combustible liquid that can ignite with many ignition sources and in the other hand you drive an ev but the batteries have to be damaged in a specific way to short and ignite.

I've just priced up a BMW i4 eDrive 40 M Sport through the salary sacrifice scheme at work. Net cost was around £546 a month which includes insurance, servicing, a home charger and 5000mi of public charging.

Given my A4 costs me £439/mo and on top of that I have servicing, insurance and fuel, it really does look an attractive proposition. Currently spending around £160/ month just on petrol at the minute.

I've just priced up a BMW i4 eDrive 40 M Sport through the salary sacrifice scheme at work. Net cost was around £546 a month which includes insurance, servicing, a home charger and 5000mi of public charging.

Given my A4 costs me £439/mo and on top of that I have servicing, insurance and fuel, it really does look an attractive proposition. Currently spending around £160/ month just on petrol at the minute.

my wife is getting a model y through salary sacrifice, all in was about £450 per month which includes tyres. I was paying that on pcp for my s3 then insurance and road tax servicing etc on top.
cheap proposition if you can get it through salary sacrifice

Reactions: Migwire