Is It Possible to Turn PFL Led Indicators Dynamic?

Invicta

Reaction score
I have an 8v PFL saloon but with the bi-xenon lighting package. The rear indicators are LED but seem to have individual LED bulbs making this beam of light up which has got me wondering if it's possible to make these lights dynamic without retrofitting the, rather expensive, FL dynamic indicators.

I have seen modules online that enable the indicators to become semi-dynamic/intermittent, but is there any way to make these fully dynamic? Are these rear indicators as I think they are; made up of individual LED lights? If so, how does the system work on the OEM FL setup? I know they have a separate feed to the rear lights that make the indicators dynamic but does anyone know anything more of this? Thanks

The image attached shows exactly the type of lights I'm talking about. Notice when you zoom in, you can see what is seemingly each individual LED light.

Thanks guys.

Attachments

• Audi A3 2015 rear view_Ultra HD.jpg
    Audi A3 2015 rear view_Ultra HD.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,221
Not possible to turn the existing lights in to sweeping without opening them up and re-wiring each led and adding a sweeping controller, or by replacing the Amber leds with a new 3rd party sweeping strip. If you want dynamic then you need to retrofit the new facelift LED rear clusters using modules or a professional retrofitter, like myself :), to alter your vehicles wiring and coding.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06, Invicta and T-800
I can’t see my own dynamic rear indicators but I do see those of other cars. Personally, I don’t think it’s worth the money and fuss to retrofit but each to their own.

Reactions: KenL
Not possible to turn the existing lights in to sweeping without opening them up and re-wiring each led and adding a sweeping controller, or by replaying the Amber leds with a new 3rd party sweeping strip. If you want dynamic then you need to retrofit the new facelift LED rear clusters using modules or a professional retrofitter, like myself :), to alter your vehicles wiring and coding.
Okay thank you for the insight! :kissingheart:

I can’t see my own dynamic rear indicators but I do see those of other cars. Personally, I don’t think it’s worth the money and fuss to retrofit but each to their own.
Haha couldn't have had a post about dynamic indicators without a comment like this :smiley:

Reactions: stote
I've done a semi dynamic conversion using a loom from ebay but it is not sweeping ,but effective.Cost was £64 and no VCDS coding.You just open the outer lens both sides and fit the looms in line .Very simple ,took just 30min.

#pointless

Reactions: Jassyo06
I've done a semi dynamic conversion using a loom from ebay but it is not sweeping ,but effective.Cost was £64 and no VCDS coding.You just open the outer lens both sides and fit the looms in line .Very simple ,took just 30min.
Yeah that's something I'll soon be doing. Found a guy online who will actually turn the PFL tail lights in to dynamic but charges 300 Euros and you need to send the tail lights to him!

Reactions: jimojameso
I like having them on the front because you often see them reflected in the back of the car in front in a queue :p

Reactions: Invicta
I like having them on the front because you often see them reflected in the back of the car in front in a queue :p

If you want them on the front buy a Mondeo.

Reactions: Jassyo06
If you want them on the front buy a Mondeo.
Right, we get it. Can't have a post about dynamic indicators without someone having to proclaim that they don't like them.

Reactions: Kaine19, cemerson, Kondax and 1 other person
Or get a truck or bus. There everywhere :welcoming: Guess it might cost a bit too

Reactions: KenL
why would you drive mondeo when you can drive normal car (Audi), beside the point, I dont get it if you decide to buy mondeo you have to pop up front hood with you car key instead of pulling the leaver inside ? :))))))