Is it Friday yet?

View attachment 19664View attachment 19665View attachment 19666View attachment 19667

Still phone camera for now I'm afraid.
I've tried to do a couple of vids for the noise but they don't come out very well. Tomorrow ill be going through a tunnel so that should help ;)

Loving the car so far, no options that I wish I had gone for.

In regards to the black trim option, when it came out I thought I was going to be annoyed I didn't have it but seeing it in the flesh I love the aluminium look so very happy I've not got it.

Loving look of it too, ditto on chrome, awaiting November sportback plus chrome rails. Did you go with standard suspension? I thought about magnetic ride but left off in end. How is it over poor surfaces etc. Photo of seat backs appreciated when time permits. Thanks for posts so soon after delivery.

I went for the standard suspension which I think is great. I've come from a type r which is back breaking so what I'm finding comfortable others may find hard. I think I've made the right decision on it.

Ill sort those photos prob tomorrow now

I went for the standard suspension which I think is great. I've come from a type r which is back breaking so what I'm finding comfortable others may find hard. I think I've made the right decision on it.

Ill sort those photos prob tomorrow now

Suspension choice sounds like the right choice for me then too then, also used to firm suspensions and no real complaints (a4 sline, subaru wrx and early skateboard like Alfa Gtv). Some reviews questioned what standard setup would be like in uk. I'll settle for your assessment as great! Thanks.

The more I see photos of those alloys they just look better and better!
Great car.

Suspension choice sounds like the right choice for me then too then, also used to firm suspensions and no real complaints (a4 sline, subaru wrx and early skateboard like Alfa Gtv). Some reviews questioned what standard setup would be like in uk. I'll settle for your assessment as great! Thanks.

Every time I see a bump coming I'm expecting a bang and it doesn't happen, I'm not looking for a sofa like ride so I'm happy. like I said though I can see it being too firm for some people's taste.

The more I see photos of those alloys they just look better and better!
Great car.

I'm with you on that, in the photos I to be honest don't see anything special but they are so much nicer when they are I'm front of you.

This car is the best gamble I've ever taken

I love this car!! I can't fault it in any way. Ok if I was going to be really picky I would say there is not enough storage compartments in it.

Does anyone know if there is anyway for me too switch xenons for European driving? Or is it a dealer job? I've looked in mmi but nothing in there.

Does anyone know if there is anyway for me too switch xenons for European driving? Or is it a dealer job? I've looked in mmi but nothing in there.

i expect there might be a lever under the bonnet, but would like to know the answer as planning to drive mine over to France middle of September.

I've had a look but can't see anything. Hopefully someone will know

From what I remember from an earlier thread about xenons there is no adjustment for continental driving as the beam is 'flat' and therefore doesn't need switching from left to right.

Reactions: Daveotto
Ah cool that makes life easier then. You would think it would say in the manual!

From what I remember from an earlier thread about xenons there is no adjustment for continental driving as the beam is 'flat' and therefore doesn't need switching from left to right.

I think you are right, good memory!!

Just hope I don't have to explain to French traffic police so think I might just do as I do now and stick a small piece of black electrical tape to each headlight in a random spot.

Last edited:
There is a setting from the main MMI menu under 'Car > Settings > Exterior lights > Lights for driving on the right' for changing the lights over but admittedly this may be just a part of the adaptive headlights package which I have.

There is a setting from the main MMI menu under 'Car > Settings > Exterior lights > Lights for driving on the right' for changing the lights over but admittedly this may be just a part of the adaptive headlights package which I have.

Ok I've read the manual harder and it does say about it. Adaptive xenons need to be adjusted via mmi, all others need no adjustment. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376853505047022

Reactions: mjcourtney
Dylock fantastic car!!!

I have a strange request but you'd do me a huge favour if you could help me out.

Could you check on your car (usually a sticker on the driver door) and take a picture of where it specifies compatible tire sizes for the car.

I'm asking because i also ordered an s3 and i'll get it at the end of winter and would like to buy winter tires for it prior to receiving it.

i'd appreciate it greatly.

Great looking car Dylock, probably the 1st of many to appear on this forum. I reckon you have caused quite a stir here.... Not that anyone is jealous, but you are now the expert!
Enjoy your new car to the max.:yes:

Great looking car Dylock, probably the 1st of many to appear on this forum. I reckon you have caused quite a stir here.... Not that anyone is jealous, but you are now the expert!
Enjoy your new car to the max.:yes:

Haha I'm not sure I'm an expert but I will try to get any info I can for anyone that needs it.

I feel so lucky to have got mine so early and I love every minute if it. Keep smiling everytime I walk towards it to get in ;)

Reactions: Sandra
I think this is what you need?

View attachment 19761

thank you thank you thank you !!!! You're awesome and u helped me a great deal!!!! I'll be able to order my tires thanks to you. Enjoy your beautiful car and you're one very very very lucky man !!! Cheers.

Haha I'm not sure I'm an expert but I will try to get any info I can for anyone that needs it.

I feel so lucky to have got mine so early and I love every minute if it. Keep smiling everytime I walk towards it to get in ;)

This is a little post delivery tune just for you Dylock. :) x

Roxette - Sleeping In My Car - YouTube

thank you thank you thank you !!!! You're awesome and u helped me a great deal!!!! I'll be able to order my tires thanks to you. Enjoy your beautiful car and you're one very very very lucky man !!! Cheers.

No problem at all buddy. Let me know if you need anything else. :D

Hehe thanks Sandra :) I have thought about sleeping in it, I'd be sleeping with a big smile then ;)

I think Audi should give you all a nice sleeping bag on collection of a new car. :) x

That would be a good idea! Maybe they should supply one for the car as well ;)

Lmao, you be wanting names embroidered on it next. :) x

Now there's a thought........maybe the car reg no?

A few months ago, Danny's mrs said to him "you will be sleeping in the b***** car, cause you are talking about it that much". That did make me laugh.