Is installing springs developed for a lighter vehicle wrong?

dp_motley

2019 A3 35TFSI S line
Reaction score
I just thought what would happen if someone installed lowering springs developed for a lighter model to a heavier one? Would someone's car drop lower than if they installed the right springs?

Let's say a car had an axle load of 1065/1005 (front/rear) and someone installed springs that were developed for a car with the axle load of 980/1005 (rear is the same). Would the front drop lower? What trouble would the car owner face?

I just thought what would happen if someone installed lowering springs developed for a lighter model to a heavier one? Would someone's car drop lower than if they installed the right springs?

Let's say a car had an axle load of 1065/1005 (front/rear) and someone installed springs that were developed for a car with the axle load of 980/1005 (rear is the same). Would the front drop lower? What trouble would the car owner face?
It's a non starter, if it was okay why would they make so many different springs for similar models.
It would be undersprung and would hit the bumpstops regularly along with being a softer ride.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk