Is B8 RS4 MPG as bad as I think

Scott.T

Reaction score
Hi all, I've fancied a B8.5 RS4 for some time but the 'cc' and 'mpg' have always been a concern as a daily.
I'm now in the position to spend £30K so that puts the RS4 into contention.

Is the MPG really as bad as I would expect for such a large capacity car.
How does it compare to an S4 B8 which I have owned before.
What sort of range does a tank give if cruising on the M'way i.e on a trip/holiday.

My previous car, a Mk3 Focus RS, averaged 22-23mpg long term i.e weekends out and 4x2mile trips per day during the week.

Any warranty firms you recommend that will cover the S-tronic box ?

thanks

I get 20-21 mpg on my work route which is 14 mile B roads, each way.
That gives about 230-240 on a tank.
Steady motorway this can increase to 300 to a tank.
I am not heavy footed most of the time but do enjoy a good B road blast when traffic allows.

As for warranty I have the Audi extended warranty that you can buy via the Audi website. When I looked it offered the best cover.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Thundercliffe81
As above. My overall is 22mpg in past 9 months. I've driven it very hard though. 300 miles is achievable on a long run. I've never got less than 240miles and that was absolutely ragging it!

I'm selling mine if you're at all interested. It's on the For Sale boards. Good luck

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Same as most people, I get 28.6 on a run to London, 51 mile of motorway on cruise at under 80. Returns around 270 to a tank on average, but if you do a lot of town driving it will drop to low 20's. My biggest advice is watch for carbon build up. My Mrs daily's our car so I have to keep an eye on it a lot more according to Audi. Even though my DRC has just failed again!

As above. My overall is 22mpg in past 9 months. I've driven it very hard though. 300 miles is achievable on a long run. I've never got less than 240miles and that was absolutely ragging it!

I'm selling mine if you're at all interested. It's on the For Sale boards. Good luck

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I like how you admit ragging it, then try and sell it.:busted cop:

Wouldn't really inspire me to buy it!

Reactions: desertstorm
Thanks for your replies guys.
Not quite as bad as I thought then.