is a K03 turbo for a golf (AUM) the same as A K03 FOR A AUDI A4 (AVJ)

audi_tee

Reaction score
This might soune dumb to you lot lol but i dont know the slightest about 1.8T's.

Here's my problem im in the middle of having the original engine changed out of a car i bought on the weekend with suspected oil pump probs and i was advised to change the engine as their was quite a few things wrong with it and the oil pump looked new with a load of other bits? but whilst stripping it down the mechanic noticed that it had a K04 turbo fitted and it lookrd like it had been fitted fairley recently and to him there was slight play on the propeller and markings left were it spins "the inside of the housing outside of the propller" it looked like small scratch's ? ? and when i reved the car at first in my opinion the turbo was whistling and lots of black or maybe that was the dodgy engine? but again none of us are experts .

Back to my querey, can i use the k03 turbo off the AUM golf engine it looks different obvioously but is there away to make it happen if soo what does he need to do, he is ready to put the engine in all the bits are swaped over to the golf block?

THANKS SOOO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME :sm4:

Last edited: