iPod help

It's cheaper because you have to physically handle your ipod to change tracks etc whereas the Dension ones charges your ipod and allows you to control the track changing via the headunit.

is it just your ipod or iphone music folder you can control or music apps also

Right,

So am i right in saying that all standard concert stereos (mine is an Audi a3 2007 2.0tdi) have an auxilary input to facilitate an audio cable? Its just a matter of pulling the head unit out and installing?

Cheers,

Matt

Right,

So am i right in saying that all standard concert stereos (mine is an Audi a3 2007 2.0tdi) have an auxilary input to facilitate an audio cable? Its just a matter of pulling the head unit out and installing?

Cheers,

Matt

No, if you read the above posts, you will need to do exactly the same thing as MarlowA3, you need an aux adaptor (like the Connects2 interfaces).

I recently purchased the dension lite for my concert 2 head unit but it says "NO CDC"? Has anyone else had this or am i doing something wrong?

cheers

Top man! Now where to stick the red wire?! I really am an Amatuer at car hifi I apologise ...!

That needs to be wired into a switched/ignition live (in the fuse box) as otherwise your ipod may drain your car battery unless if unplug it after getting out of the car.

Ah balls i'm clearly out of my depth! The wire is like 5 inches long only?! I'll have to wire that From behind the radio to the fuse box? Feck.

And it's my iPhone so will be taken out each time. Thing is, if I just plugged the blue plug in and grounded (like i tried) would it just work?

I have the dension 100 brilliant piece of kit, supports iPod connection and aux.. Been told the xcarlink is just as good but a lot cheaper.. Plug and play

Ah balls i'm clearly out of my depth! The wire is like 5 inches long only?! I'll have to wire that From behind the radio to the fuse box? Feck.

And it's my iPhone so will be taken out each time. Thing is, if I just plugged the blue plug in and grounded (like i tried) would it just work?

Possibly, it's hard to tell. Worst case scenario is that you get an error on your headunit displaying NO CDC.

To be honest, for a few quid more, you can get a second hand dension unit from ebay and they are pretty much plug and play.