ipod connector

Jayy26

Reaction score
hi im wanting to listen to my iphone in my car but have no aux cable or connectors at all.
i dont want to get rid off the standard unit as i like it and i also have the bose speakers.
Had a look around at the full kits but what would you advice being a good set up just to listen to my ipod through my car.

What head unit is fitted, concert, symphony, rns-e?

Year of car?

positive its the concert one ,2004 audi 2.0tdi

Then thats iso connections then, so xcarlink, dension or even an audi glovebox version I guess, upto about £100 for the part plus install yourself or someone else.

Got a Dension Icelink out of my '05 tdi, plug 'n' play. Any good?

Upgraded to Rns-e and it's not compatible.

Besides, I won't have an Ipod!

I recently bought this: Dension Gateway Pro BT GWP1AC1 - Audi A3, A4, TT iPod/iPhone/USB Bluetooth Car Kit

It was easy to install,has usb and aux connections and supports bluetooth streaming. I have an iphone 5 which connects automatically to it via airplay. I just keep my phone in my pocket and the music appears where the DIS is. You can also connect up via usb to lighning cable which lets you browse the iphone and charge.

Its pricey but worth it (just) purely for the seamless airplay integration. Give me a shout if you have any specific questions.

Reactions: MorkC68
its a pain that cant just plug in an aux cable then looking at 100 just to play music off my phone ,what have people used and rated fairly cheap but for good quality?
i like the idea off that seamless play one aswell and it works as bluetooth for your phone etc?

I recently bought this: Dension Gateway Pro BT GWP1AC1 - Audi A3, A4, TT iPod/iPhone/USB Bluetooth Car Kit

It was easy to install,has usb and aux connections and supports bluetooth streaming. I have an iphone 5 which connects automatically to it via airplay. I just keep my phone in my pocket and the music appears where the DIS is. You can also connect up via usb to lighning cable which lets you browse the iphone and charge.

Its pricey but worth it (just) purely for the seamless airplay integration. Give me a shout if you have any specific questions.

like the look of that & it's miles cheaper than installing MMI and Bluetooth

i like the idea off that seamless play one aswell and it works as bluetooth for your phone etc?

yea it comes with a mic which you can wire in then it completely integrates itself. Its worth mentioning that you need a MFSW for it to work well. I dont know how you would control it without the buttons on the wheel, not easily anyway!

I'm sure I've seen threads on here where people have retrofitted the aux connector, is that possible? If so, that's probably the cheapest option that won't sound rubbish. Don't get one of those god awful radio jobbies where you tune the stereo in to a free station, they are ****e.

I went for one of the Dension kits and they are pretty good and read on here that they are better than the Xcarlink ones. Combine it with a decent dash dock and it's very handy. I get in the car, dock my phone and drive off. It charges my iPhone and plays music and if I need to use the sat nav it will automatically quieten the music to give direction and then return to normal volume. I use it almost every day, so for me this was all worth the £100 and I've gotten rid of my Garmin now too.

Had I not already had a Bluetooth kit fitted in the car by the previous owner I would have got the Bluetooth Dension model mentioned above. Very easy to fit too.