ipod connection

C

colicabcadam

hi all,

eve since owning my s3 i always wanted to hook my ipod up to the sound system, however i did not want to use a simple line out option, essentially i want to plug an ipod in at a hidden location and access the music via the stereo control

although not an s3, my rs4 has the original symphony cd / tape player with the 6 cd changer in the back

has anyone achieved the above?

I have an iPod connector in my glovebox. It's hooked up to my standard concert headset

It's work quite well via the cd button

Is that what you are after ?

I have xcarlink in mine. Never had any issues. And still have use of cd changer. It charges it too so never have to remove the iPod unless I'm updating it

in an ideal world i'd like to be able to view the artist etc on the cd player, i'm not to bothered about loosing the cd changer as i have a single cd player at the front

maz when you say playlist 1 2 3 4 5 etc does that mean you can not access them via artist name / album etc?

That would be cool but its not possible with the Symphony, all you will get is track " x " on the head unit and on the DIS screen.

You can but not via the Symphony, you would have to select the artist you want first on the ipod and press play, then you need to press cd on the Symphony and it will play all the tracks of that artist... bit long winded I know but it doesn't really matter if your 5 playlists are loaded with all the tracks you want.

I have an Alpine X001 - awesome awesome awesome stereo. Shows album covers, artist, songs, playlists, podcasts the lot... iPod hidden in my glove compartment like most. (in case you ever though about ditching the Audi Symphony stereo)

That's sounds better and maybe something I would do in the future . Mine came with the iPod lead so havnt do anything about improving it

fitting an aftermarket stereo, such as the apline x001 like fran-s3 has, will is it a straight swap for audi headunit. or will i need loads of adapters so i dont loose the bose, or ipod connection?

ive got Xcarlink on mine you can link the wiring to hide it and you use stereo to change the songs/playlists

i ended up buying a parrot mki9200 with some additional wiring - will let you know how i get on !